Dunmow singers join 16,000-strong Rock Choir for mega concert at London’s O2 Arena
- Credit: Archant
A FLEDGLING choir from Great Dunmow got the chance to rock out with 16,000 other singers on the stage at the iconic O2 Arena on Saturday.
Choirs from all over the UK came together at the London venue for the mega concert – Rock Choir Live! – to raise money for the charities Refuge and Missing.
Great Dunmow Rock Choir took part in the event, which was the largest contemporary choir ever to sing at the arena, singing along to songs such as Livin’ on a prayer, Take on me, All over the world and Something inside so strong.
Dunmow choir leader, Daniel Ribbits, was one of 58 leaders who joined the choir on stage. He said: “We worked really hard rehearsing for this fantastic event and it was all worth it. I’m so proud of everyone and it was great to see our flags and banners flying
“Being able to sing with thousands of other Rock Choir members in such a huge and iconic arena was hugely uplifting and inspiring. The sound was just incredible.”
You may also want to watch:
One member of the choir, Heather Bennett, said: “It was a fantastic day. The atmosphere was electric and as well as their love of singing the choir raised money for charity.”
Pauline Painter added: “It was a day I will never forget. Everyone was buzzing.”
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
Great Dunmow Rock Choir has been going for about a year, and meets at The Dourdan Pavilion on Tuesday mornings at 10.30am.
Sessions start again on September 17 although Daniel will be running a series of summer workshops. For more details, e-mail email@example.com