Dunmow singers join 16,000-strong Rock Choir for mega concert at London’s O2 Arena
- Credit: Archant
A FLEDGLING choir from Great Dunmow got the chance to rock out with 16,000 other singers on the stage at the iconic O2 Arena on Saturday.
Choirs from all over the UK came together at the London venue for the mega concert – Rock Choir Live! – to raise money for the charities Refuge and Missing.
Great Dunmow Rock Choir took part in the event, which was the largest contemporary choir ever to sing at the arena, singing along to songs such as Livin’ on a prayer, Take on me, All over the world and Something inside so strong.
Dunmow choir leader, Daniel Ribbits, was one of 58 leaders who joined the choir on stage. He said: “We worked really hard rehearsing for this fantastic event and it was all worth it. I’m so proud of everyone and it was great to see our flags and banners flying
“Being able to sing with thousands of other Rock Choir members in such a huge and iconic arena was hugely uplifting and inspiring. The sound was just incredible.”
You may also want to watch:
One member of the choir, Heather Bennett, said: “It was a fantastic day. The atmosphere was electric and as well as their love of singing the choir raised money for charity.”
Pauline Painter added: “It was a day I will never forget. Everyone was buzzing.”
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 3 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 7 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 8 Victorian Horses and riders wow at Audley End event
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Saffron Hall this Christmas for magical The Wizard of Oz pantomime
Great Dunmow Rock Choir has been going for about a year, and meets at The Dourdan Pavilion on Tuesday mornings at 10.30am.
Sessions start again on September 17 although Daniel will be running a series of summer workshops. For more details, e-mail email@example.com