Duxford Airshows? There’s an app for that...
THE Imperial War Museum at Duxford has launched an innovative and exciting Smartphone application for the 2011 air show season.
The Duxford Air Shows 2011 App is now available for download from the Apple store and Android marketplace and provides an on-the-day flying schedule for each of the Museum’s famous air shows.
It automatically updates on the phone screen with details of each aircraft taking part in the show as its display commences and also provides an extensive library of photography, statistics and information about over 150 classic aircraft.
App users can keep a log of their favourites, add them to a schedule and receive a live countdown to inform them when that aircraft will take to the skies.
With a map highlighting useful amenities at the Museum, the App is an indispensible tool for ensuring maximum enjoyment of Duxford’s celebrated air shows.
You may also want to watch:
- Duxford’s first air show of 2011 is the Spring Air Show on this Sunday May 22.
As a special introduction, the App is FREE for a limited time. It can be downloaded at any time in the run up to the Spring Air Show and on the day itself. IWM Duxford is providing wifi access at the museum to help people download on the day.
- 1 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 6 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 7 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 8 Historic books have new 'long loan' home to help researchers
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
For further information go to iwm.org.uk/duxfordairshows.