Duxford Airshows? There’s an app for that...
THE Imperial War Museum at Duxford has launched an innovative and exciting Smartphone application for the 2011 air show season.
The Duxford Air Shows 2011 App is now available for download from the Apple store and Android marketplace and provides an on-the-day flying schedule for each of the Museum’s famous air shows.
It automatically updates on the phone screen with details of each aircraft taking part in the show as its display commences and also provides an extensive library of photography, statistics and information about over 150 classic aircraft.
App users can keep a log of their favourites, add them to a schedule and receive a live countdown to inform them when that aircraft will take to the skies.
With a map highlighting useful amenities at the Museum, the App is an indispensible tool for ensuring maximum enjoyment of Duxford’s celebrated air shows.
- Duxford’s first air show of 2011 is the Spring Air Show on this Sunday May 22.
As a special introduction, the App is FREE for a limited time. It can be downloaded at any time in the run up to the Spring Air Show and on the day itself. IWM Duxford is providing wifi access at the museum to help people download on the day.
- 1 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 2 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 3 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 6 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 7 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 8 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 9 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 10 Harmer's career-best haul helps Essex stun Hampshire
For further information go to iwm.org.uk/duxfordairshows.