Duxford Airshows? There’s an app for that...
THE Imperial War Museum at Duxford has launched an innovative and exciting Smartphone application for the 2011 air show season.
The Duxford Air Shows 2011 App is now available for download from the Apple store and Android marketplace and provides an on-the-day flying schedule for each of the Museum’s famous air shows.
It automatically updates on the phone screen with details of each aircraft taking part in the show as its display commences and also provides an extensive library of photography, statistics and information about over 150 classic aircraft.
App users can keep a log of their favourites, add them to a schedule and receive a live countdown to inform them when that aircraft will take to the skies.
With a map highlighting useful amenities at the Museum, the App is an indispensible tool for ensuring maximum enjoyment of Duxford’s celebrated air shows.
- Duxford’s first air show of 2011 is the Spring Air Show on this Sunday May 22.
As a special introduction, the App is FREE for a limited time. It can be downloaded at any time in the run up to the Spring Air Show and on the day itself. IWM Duxford is providing wifi access at the museum to help people download on the day.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 3 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 6 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 7 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 8 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 9 Celebrating 20th anniversary of Harry Potter at Saffron Screen
- 10 Stansted Airport boss confident that passenger numbers will rally
For further information go to iwm.org.uk/duxfordairshows.