Duxford Airshows? There’s an app for that...
THE Imperial War Museum at Duxford has launched an innovative and exciting Smartphone application for the 2011 air show season.
The Duxford Air Shows 2011 App is now available for download from the Apple store and Android marketplace and provides an on-the-day flying schedule for each of the Museum’s famous air shows.
It automatically updates on the phone screen with details of each aircraft taking part in the show as its display commences and also provides an extensive library of photography, statistics and information about over 150 classic aircraft.
App users can keep a log of their favourites, add them to a schedule and receive a live countdown to inform them when that aircraft will take to the skies.
With a map highlighting useful amenities at the Museum, the App is an indispensible tool for ensuring maximum enjoyment of Duxford’s celebrated air shows.
You may also want to watch:
- Duxford’s first air show of 2011 is the Spring Air Show on this Sunday May 22.
As a special introduction, the App is FREE for a limited time. It can be downloaded at any time in the run up to the Spring Air Show and on the day itself. IWM Duxford is providing wifi access at the museum to help people download on the day.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 7 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 10 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
For further information go to iwm.org.uk/duxfordairshows.