Duxford man wins car and cash worth £60,000
- Credit: BOTB
A Duxford resident has won a car and cash worth a total of £60,000 in an online football spot the ball competition.
Simon Ford, 32, collected the £50,000 Mercedes-AMG A45 S and £10,000 in cash, from competition organiser Best of the Best (BOTB), at the Temple Fortune dealership in London.
The winch engineer, who bought a £1 ticket, was driving home from work when BOTB presenter, DJ Christian WIlliams phoned with the good news.
In the weekly competition, entrants look at a photo from a football match and pick the closest place to where a panel of former footballers and referees deem the centre of the ball to be.
Simon said: “I can’t actually believe this is real, stuff like this just doesn’t happen to me, I never win anything.
You may also want to watch:
“The money is going to come in massively handy when my girlfriend Carlie and I start looking to buy a house next year.”
- 1 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 4 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 5 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 6 New outreach Post Office for community
- 7 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 8 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 9 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 10 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall