East of England Development Agency business funding available for 2011
ESSEX businesses developing innovative new products in 2011 could receive a major funding boost.
The East of England Development Agency (EEDA) is offering between �20,000 and �250,000 in funding to businesses developing ‘greener’ technologies under its Grants for Research and Development programme.
The grants are being made available thanks to funding from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), and local companies are being urged to apply now to secure their grant before the new financial year.
Executive director of innovation at EEDA Paul May said: “EEDA’s grant funding can give businesses developing new technologies that early-stage funding boost they need to get their projects off the ground.
“They also have a track record of giving up-and-coming businesses the stamp of approval they need to go on and attract further investment.”
A grant from EEDA can be used by companies to prove a market place for a new product, to develop a prototype and/or to test its feasibility. Up to �250,000 is available to match fund 40 per cent of a project’s total cost
EEDA has �2 million of grant funding available to support low carbon research and development – but it’s first come, first served and applications need to be in and approved by March 31.
- 1 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 2 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 3 Road building not the answer to Essex's transport woes, says campaigner
- 4 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 5 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 6 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 7 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 8 Saffron Striders enjoy home leg of inter-club cross-country championship
- 9 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 10 Radical women of Saffron Walden walking tour
For more information visit or to apply visit bizmapeast.com/lowcarbon