East of England housing plans to come under spotlight
HOUSING plans for the entire east of England will undergo public scrutiny this week, prior to a two-month consultation. The East of England Regional Assembly (EERA) is holding a public meeting at the Chelmsford Record Office, Wharf Road, Chelmsford tomorr
HOUSING plans for the entire east of England will undergo public scrutiny this week, prior to a two-month consultation.
The East of England Regional Assembly (EERA) is holding a public meeting at the Chelmsford Record Office, Wharf Road, Chelmsford tomorrow (September 3) from 7pm.
Members of the public will have the opportunity to listen to the plans and then will be encouraged to participate in the consultation which runs from September 2 to November 24.
The consultation will seek responses to four scenarios for housing growth across the region including a possible new settlement near Stansted Airport.
You may also want to watch:
Responses and evidence provided through the public consultation will help EERA to develop a draft revision to the East of England Plan including housing targets to 2031.
This will include focussing on a plan for new homes over the next 20 years and related issues such as the economy, transport, climate change and the environment.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 6 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 7 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
County councillor John Jowers, cabinet member for localism and planning, will be on the panel at the meeting and is keen to hear resident's views.
He said "I would encourage as many people as possible to take part in the consultation. This will affect the area that you live in and it is important that your views are represented."
A place at the meeting can be booked online at: http://events.eera.gov.uk/conferences/ or by contacting conference organiser Jayne Cole on 01284 729405 or email@example.com