East of England Roadworks Update Monday February 21 - Sunday 27
East of England Roadworks Update
M11 Cambridgeshire construction of Crossover Gate
WORK to install a new crossover gate started today (Monday February 21) on the M11 between junctions 10 and 11 near Whittlesford.
The work will take place overnight between 8pm and 6am for five nights, with completion expected on Saturday February 26 at 6am, weather permitting.
There will be Lane Two closures while the work is being carried out overnight.
You may also want to watch:
The new gate will provide a crossover point in the event of accident or other emergency on the motorway.
M11 Essex resurfacing work between Harlow and Bishop’s Stortford - Ongoing work
- 1 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 4 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 5 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 8 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 9 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
RESURFACING work on the M11 southbound between Bishop’s Stortford (junction 8) and Harlow (junction 7) started on Wednesday February 16.
Work is also being carried out on the northbound carriageway at junction 8. It will be carried out overnight between 10pm and 5am for 11 nights, weather permitting.
There will be single lane closures past the works area, but hard shoulder running will be required for one night only.
Some sliproad closures will be necessary with clearly signed diversion routes in place via junction 8A.