East of England Roadworks Update Monday February 21 - Sunday 27
East of England Roadworks Update
M11 Cambridgeshire construction of Crossover Gate
WORK to install a new crossover gate started today (Monday February 21) on the M11 between junctions 10 and 11 near Whittlesford.
The work will take place overnight between 8pm and 6am for five nights, with completion expected on Saturday February 26 at 6am, weather permitting.
There will be Lane Two closures while the work is being carried out overnight.
You may also want to watch:
The new gate will provide a crossover point in the event of accident or other emergency on the motorway.
M11 Essex resurfacing work between Harlow and Bishop’s Stortford - Ongoing work
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
RESURFACING work on the M11 southbound between Bishop’s Stortford (junction 8) and Harlow (junction 7) started on Wednesday February 16.
Work is also being carried out on the northbound carriageway at junction 8. It will be carried out overnight between 10pm and 5am for 11 nights, weather permitting.
There will be single lane closures past the works area, but hard shoulder running will be required for one night only.
Some sliproad closures will be necessary with clearly signed diversion routes in place via junction 8A.