East of England Roadworks Update Monday February 21 - Sunday 27
East of England Roadworks Update
M11 Cambridgeshire construction of Crossover Gate
WORK to install a new crossover gate started today (Monday February 21) on the M11 between junctions 10 and 11 near Whittlesford.
The work will take place overnight between 8pm and 6am for five nights, with completion expected on Saturday February 26 at 6am, weather permitting.
There will be Lane Two closures while the work is being carried out overnight.
You may also want to watch:
The new gate will provide a crossover point in the event of accident or other emergency on the motorway.
M11 Essex resurfacing work between Harlow and Bishop’s Stortford - Ongoing work
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 3 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 4 Town council backs new support club
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 9 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 10 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
RESURFACING work on the M11 southbound between Bishop’s Stortford (junction 8) and Harlow (junction 7) started on Wednesday February 16.
Work is also being carried out on the northbound carriageway at junction 8. It will be carried out overnight between 10pm and 5am for 11 nights, weather permitting.
There will be single lane closures past the works area, but hard shoulder running will be required for one night only.
Some sliproad closures will be necessary with clearly signed diversion routes in place via junction 8A.