East of England roadworks update: Monday July 19 - Sunday July 25
OVERNIGHT maintenance work will be taking place on the Ring Hill overbridge, between junctions 8 and 9 of the MA near Audley End, and resurfacing of both carriageways, starts at 10pm on Monday July 19.
Work will take place over 10 weekday nights, from 10pm to 5am each night.
The first five nights of work, from 10pm on Monday July 19 until 5am on Saturday July 24, involves the southbound carriageway, which will be restricted to one lane past Ring Hill overbridge.
From 10pm on Monday July 26 to 5am on Thursday July 29 (three nights) the northbound carriageway will be closed with northbound traffic diverted at Junction 8 (Birchanger) via the A120 Bishop’s Stortford, A10 Royston and A505 Duxford to rejoin the M11 at Junction 10 (Duxford).
Stansted traffic will be diverted via Junction 8 onto the A120 towards Stansted.
You may also want to watch:
For the final two nights (July 29 and 30) northbound traffic will just be diverted up the sliproad at Junction 8 and back down the 8a sliproad onto the M11. The work is scheduled to finish at 5am on Saturday July 31.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 3 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 4 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout