East of England roadworks update: Monday July 19 - Sunday July 25
OVERNIGHT maintenance work will be taking place on the Ring Hill overbridge, between junctions 8 and 9 of the MA near Audley End, and resurfacing of both carriageways, starts at 10pm on Monday July 19.
Work will take place over 10 weekday nights, from 10pm to 5am each night.
The first five nights of work, from 10pm on Monday July 19 until 5am on Saturday July 24, involves the southbound carriageway, which will be restricted to one lane past Ring Hill overbridge.
From 10pm on Monday July 26 to 5am on Thursday July 29 (three nights) the northbound carriageway will be closed with northbound traffic diverted at Junction 8 (Birchanger) via the A120 Bishop’s Stortford, A10 Royston and A505 Duxford to rejoin the M11 at Junction 10 (Duxford).
Stansted traffic will be diverted via Junction 8 onto the A120 towards Stansted.
You may also want to watch:
For the final two nights (July 29 and 30) northbound traffic will just be diverted up the sliproad at Junction 8 and back down the 8a sliproad onto the M11. The work is scheduled to finish at 5am on Saturday July 31.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 6 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 7 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 10 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'