East of England weather forecast: more snow expected
SNOW and freezing temperatures have been forecast by the Met Office across the East of England this weekend, with a risk of heavy snowfall on Monday.Today (Thursday February 18)A very frosty morning with patchy freezing fog at first. This will cl
SNOW and freezing temperatures have been forecast by the Met Office across the East of England this weekend, with a risk of heavy snowfall on Monday.
Today (Thursday February 18)
A very frosty morning with patchy freezing fog at first. This will clear slowly to leave bright or sunny intervals for a time, but outbreaks of rain, sleet or snow will spread northwards across region later. Temperatures remain cold with maximum temperature 5 �C.
You may also want to watch:
Remaining cloudy with further rain, sleet or snow in many places, the snow most likely in the north and west where some significant falls may occur. Becoming rather windy later. Minimum temperature -1 �C.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 3 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 Saffron Walden Town off to winning start with victory at Sawbridgeworth
- 7 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 8 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 9 WaldenTRI come together to produce a strong showing at Bedford Team Relays
- 10 How one business is encouraging pet owners to go plastic free
A cold, cloudy and quite windy day with sleet or snow only clearing away eastwards slowly. Perhaps some bright or sunny spells developing in the afternoon. Maximum temperature 5 �C.
Outlook for Saturday to Monday
It will remain cold and unsettled with sunny spells and wintry showers along with frost and patchy fog night and morning. Risk of heavy snow for a time on Monday.