East of England weather forecast: more snow expected
SNOW and freezing temperatures have been forecast by the Met Office across the East of England this weekend, with a risk of heavy snowfall on Monday.Today (Thursday February 18)A very frosty morning with patchy freezing fog at first. This will cl
SNOW and freezing temperatures have been forecast by the Met Office across the East of England this weekend, with a risk of heavy snowfall on Monday.
Today (Thursday February 18)
A very frosty morning with patchy freezing fog at first. This will clear slowly to leave bright or sunny intervals for a time, but outbreaks of rain, sleet or snow will spread northwards across region later. Temperatures remain cold with maximum temperature 5 �C.
You may also want to watch:
Remaining cloudy with further rain, sleet or snow in many places, the snow most likely in the north and west where some significant falls may occur. Becoming rather windy later. Minimum temperature -1 �C.
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 6 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 7 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 8 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
A cold, cloudy and quite windy day with sleet or snow only clearing away eastwards slowly. Perhaps some bright or sunny spells developing in the afternoon. Maximum temperature 5 �C.
Outlook for Saturday to Monday
It will remain cold and unsettled with sunny spells and wintry showers along with frost and patchy fog night and morning. Risk of heavy snow for a time on Monday.