East of England weather forecast: more snow expected
SNOW and freezing temperatures have been forecast by the Met Office across the East of England this weekend, with a risk of heavy snowfall on Monday.Today (Thursday February 18)A very frosty morning with patchy freezing fog at first. This will cl
SNOW and freezing temperatures have been forecast by the Met Office across the East of England this weekend, with a risk of heavy snowfall on Monday.
Today (Thursday February 18)
A very frosty morning with patchy freezing fog at first. This will clear slowly to leave bright or sunny intervals for a time, but outbreaks of rain, sleet or snow will spread northwards across region later. Temperatures remain cold with maximum temperature 5 �C.
Remaining cloudy with further rain, sleet or snow in many places, the snow most likely in the north and west where some significant falls may occur. Becoming rather windy later. Minimum temperature -1 �C.
- 1 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 2 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 3 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 6 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 7 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 8 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 9 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 10 Solar farm application decision is deferred
A cold, cloudy and quite windy day with sleet or snow only clearing away eastwards slowly. Perhaps some bright or sunny spells developing in the afternoon. Maximum temperature 5 �C.
Outlook for Saturday to Monday
It will remain cold and unsettled with sunny spells and wintry showers along with frost and patchy fog night and morning. Risk of heavy snow for a time on Monday.