East of England weather forecast: more snow expected
SNOW and freezing temperatures have been forecast by the Met Office across the East of England this weekend, with a risk of heavy snowfall on Monday.Today (Thursday February 18)A very frosty morning with patchy freezing fog at first. This will cl
SNOW and freezing temperatures have been forecast by the Met Office across the East of England this weekend, with a risk of heavy snowfall on Monday.
Today (Thursday February 18)
A very frosty morning with patchy freezing fog at first. This will clear slowly to leave bright or sunny intervals for a time, but outbreaks of rain, sleet or snow will spread northwards across region later. Temperatures remain cold with maximum temperature 5 �C.
Remaining cloudy with further rain, sleet or snow in many places, the snow most likely in the north and west where some significant falls may occur. Becoming rather windy later. Minimum temperature -1 �C.
- 1 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 2 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 3 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 4 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 5 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 6 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 7 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation
- 8 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
- 9 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 10 Person has died on railway tracks near Newport, say police
A cold, cloudy and quite windy day with sleet or snow only clearing away eastwards slowly. Perhaps some bright or sunny spells developing in the afternoon. Maximum temperature 5 �C.
Outlook for Saturday to Monday
It will remain cold and unsettled with sunny spells and wintry showers along with frost and patchy fog night and morning. Risk of heavy snow for a time on Monday.