East of England weather forecast: Wednesday January 6 to Sunday January 9
VERY cold temperatures with a risk of ice and snow on the roads will continue to affect the region for the rest of the week (Wednesday January 6 to Sunday January 9), the Met Office has said. Today (Wednesday January 6) Mostly cloudy with snow spre
VERY cold temperatures with a risk of ice and snow on the roads will continue to affect the region for the rest of the week (Wednesday January 6 to Sunday January 9), the Met Office has said.
Today (Wednesday January 6)
Mostly cloudy with snow spreading to most parts this morning. Much of the snow light but some heavier outbreaks will occur. Becoming drier and brighter from the north this afternoon though snow continuing over southern parts. Maximum temperature 2 �C.
You may also want to watch:
Snow affecting the southern parts of the region will start to clear this evening. The night will be generally dry with clear spells. Very cold temperatures will continue with a sharp frost expected. Minimum temperature -6 �C.
Thursday (January 7)
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 5 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 6 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 7 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 8 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 9 Temporary council chief costing more than £1,000 per day
- 10 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
A generally dry bright start to the day, but outbreaks of snow over Norfolk are expected to spread slowly west to affect most parts. Maximum temperature 2 �C.
Friday (January 8) to Sunday (January 9)
Continuing very cold with severe night frosts and daytime temperatures remaining mostly below freezing. There will be further snow with drifting as it will become windy.