East of England weather forecast: Wednesday January 6 to Sunday January 9
VERY cold temperatures with a risk of ice and snow on the roads will continue to affect the region for the rest of the week (Wednesday January 6 to Sunday January 9), the Met Office has said. Today (Wednesday January 6) Mostly cloudy with snow spre
VERY cold temperatures with a risk of ice and snow on the roads will continue to affect the region for the rest of the week (Wednesday January 6 to Sunday January 9), the Met Office has said.
Today (Wednesday January 6)
Mostly cloudy with snow spreading to most parts this morning. Much of the snow light but some heavier outbreaks will occur. Becoming drier and brighter from the north this afternoon though snow continuing over southern parts. Maximum temperature 2 �C.
You may also want to watch:
Snow affecting the southern parts of the region will start to clear this evening. The night will be generally dry with clear spells. Very cold temperatures will continue with a sharp frost expected. Minimum temperature -6 �C.
Thursday (January 7)
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 6 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 7 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 8 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 9 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing
- 10 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
A generally dry bright start to the day, but outbreaks of snow over Norfolk are expected to spread slowly west to affect most parts. Maximum temperature 2 �C.
Friday (January 8) to Sunday (January 9)
Continuing very cold with severe night frosts and daytime temperatures remaining mostly below freezing. There will be further snow with drifting as it will become windy.