Easter egg raffles in Saffron Walden
SAFFRON Walden Lions Club will be arranging their popular Easter egg raffles in a number of pubs in the area. This year all the money raised from the raffles will be donated to the Carver Barracks Injured Soldiers Charity Fund.
SAFFRON Walden Lions Club will be arranging their popular Easter egg raffles in a number of pubs in the area.
This year all the money raised from the raffles will be donated to the Carver Barracks Injured Soldiers Charity Fund.
Club President John Martin said: "Whenever possible we try to support local causes, but this year we also wanted to recognise the bravery of our troops fighting in Afghanistan.
"By supporting the local Carver Barracks Charity Fund we are able to achieve both of these objectives."
You may also want to watch:
The Easter eggs will be on display in the Bluebell at Hempstead, The Crown in Linton, The Crown in Little Walden, the Fleur de Lys in Widdington, the Old English Gentleman in Saffron Walden, and the Dial at Elmdon.
Mr Martin added: "We are delighted that these landlords are supporting the raffles, and also to Traynor Building Services who have sponsored the cost of the eggs. This means that every penny raised will go straight to this most deserving charity."
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 6 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 7 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 8 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
The winners will be drawn over the Easter Holiday weekend.
Ordinary People - Amazing Things