Easter egg raffles in Saffron Walden
SAFFRON Walden Lions Club will be arranging their popular Easter egg raffles in a number of pubs in the area. This year all the money raised from the raffles will be donated to the Carver Barracks Injured Soldiers Charity Fund.
SAFFRON Walden Lions Club will be arranging their popular Easter egg raffles in a number of pubs in the area.
This year all the money raised from the raffles will be donated to the Carver Barracks Injured Soldiers Charity Fund.
Club President John Martin said: "Whenever possible we try to support local causes, but this year we also wanted to recognise the bravery of our troops fighting in Afghanistan.
"By supporting the local Carver Barracks Charity Fund we are able to achieve both of these objectives."
The Easter eggs will be on display in the Bluebell at Hempstead, The Crown in Linton, The Crown in Little Walden, the Fleur de Lys in Widdington, the Old English Gentleman in Saffron Walden, and the Dial at Elmdon.
Mr Martin added: "We are delighted that these landlords are supporting the raffles, and also to Traynor Building Services who have sponsored the cost of the eggs. This means that every penny raised will go straight to this most deserving charity."
- 1 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 2 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 3 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 4 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 5 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 6 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 7 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 8 Bumper weekend of Christmas events set for Saffron Walden
- 9 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 10 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
The winners will be drawn over the Easter Holiday weekend.
Ordinary People - Amazing Things