EasyJet appoints Guardian Media Group's Carolyn McCall as its new chief executive
BUDGET airline easyJet has announced the appointment of Carolyn McCall OBE as its new chief executive. Carolyn joins from Guardian Media Group where she has carried out a number of roles including, since 2006, the position of group chief executive. EasyJ
BUDGET airline easyJet has announced the appointment of Carolyn McCall OBE as its new chief executive.
Carolyn joins from Guardian Media Group where she has carried out a number of roles including, since 2006, the position of group chief executive. EasyJet says that Carolyn has a proven track record of successful operational delivery in a fast changing on-line consumer facing business combined with extensive board and government and lobbying experience.
Carolyn's joining date will be confirmed in due course, but is expected to be summer 2010.
Sir Michael Rake, chairman of easyJet plc, commented: "On behalf of the board, I am delighted to welcome Carolyn to easyJet. Following a thorough process involving a number of high calibre candidates we have unanimously chosen a strong chief executive with the strategic ability, operational capability and passion to drive easyJet through the next stage of its development and we look forward to working with Carolyn."
You may also want to watch:
Carolyn commented: "I am proud to become the chief executive of a company that has achieved so much in the past 15 years including its leading presence on Europe's most popular air transport routes. I am committed to building on easyJet's strengths; a strong consumer proposition predicated on offering the lowest fares to the most convenient airports, leadership positions in many of Europe's most popular airports and an operating model that is built around simplicity and low cost.
"As a customer of easyJet I know that they have outstanding people who deliver a winning customer experience and I am looking forward to working with the whole team at easyJet to take the business forward."
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
Carolyn McCall has held directorships of Tesco plc (March 2005 to April 2008) and Lloyds Banking Group plc (October 2008 to December 2009). She was appointed to the board of New Look in January 2010.