Care charity launches new 'Stay and Play' group
- Credit: Supplied by Accuro
Children living with a disability are set to be given more support by west Essex care charity Accuro.
The charity, which covers Uttlesford, Harlow and Epping Forest, will launch a new 'Stay and Play' group in Saffron Walden next month for children aged under eight.
Alison McKeown, Accuro's operations manager, said that parents and carers in Uttlesford had raised the request for a specialist under 8s service in a survey.
The two-hour Stay and Play session is due to begin on Tuesday, September 14.
Alison said: "We are so excited to launch Stay and Play.
You may also want to watch:
"The need for a service for Under 8s has been identified and we are thrilled to be able to meet that need."
, including a skills programme and expanded adult friendship scheme.
The charity hopes its schemes will help limit social isolation and boost self-confidence among people living with a disability.
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 5 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 6 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 7 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 8 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 9 Strong start for Saffron Walden as competitive rugby returns with a bang.
- 10 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley
To register your interest, email: firstname.lastname@example.org