STANSTED Airport was celebrating last week as a planned state of the art visitor centre has been given the green light by Uttlesford District Council. The new building would include a lecture theatre, parking for 20 vehicles and a coach bay for school par
STANSTED Airport was celebrating last week as a planned state of the art visitor centre has been given the green light by Uttlesford District Council.
The new building would include a lecture theatre, parking for 20 vehicles and a coach bay for school parties and organised trips.
It will allow people an exciting insight into the world of airport operations for up to 40 visitors at any one time.
BAA's community manager, Valda Edmunds said: "It's fantastic news the visitors centre has been granted planning permission and we thank the council for giving it the thumbs up.
"Stansted Airport is an integral part of the community and the centre will be an important place for local people and aviation enthusiasts to meet."
The new centre will be located on the north side of the airfield and close to the long stay car park. A new road will be put in to provide easy access to the centre and will connect with a bus service to the main airport.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 3 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 4 Saffron Walden photographer's book a permanent record of life in a locked down town
- 5 Decision yet to be made on Saffron Walden's 20mph limit
- 6 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 7 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 8 Essex parents fear return to remote lessons amid school staff shortage
- 9 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 10 Derby fun for Wendens Ambo as they brush off logistical headache
Mrs Edmunds added: "Not only will
it offer stunning views across the
airfield but it will act as an
education resource for displays and activities for visiting school trips and community groups.
"What could be better to help to improve knowledge and understanding of Stansted Airport and aviation in general?