STANSTED Airport was celebrating last week as a planned state of the art visitor centre has been given the green light by Uttlesford District Council. The new building would include a lecture theatre, parking for 20 vehicles and a coach bay for school par
STANSTED Airport was celebrating last week as a planned state of the art visitor centre has been given the green light by Uttlesford District Council.
The new building would include a lecture theatre, parking for 20 vehicles and a coach bay for school parties and organised trips.
It will allow people an exciting insight into the world of airport operations for up to 40 visitors at any one time.
BAA's community manager, Valda Edmunds said: "It's fantastic news the visitors centre has been granted planning permission and we thank the council for giving it the thumbs up.
You may also want to watch:
"Stansted Airport is an integral part of the community and the centre will be an important place for local people and aviation enthusiasts to meet."
The new centre will be located on the north side of the airfield and close to the long stay car park. A new road will be put in to provide easy access to the centre and will connect with a bus service to the main airport.
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 3 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 8 When Covid-19 restrictions lift, will we ever shake hands again?
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
Mrs Edmunds added: "Not only will
it offer stunning views across the
airfield but it will act as an
education resource for displays and activities for visiting school trips and community groups.
"What could be better to help to improve knowledge and understanding of Stansted Airport and aviation in general?