STANSTED Airport was celebrating last week as a planned state of the art visitor centre has been given the green light by Uttlesford District Council. The new building would include a lecture theatre, parking for 20 vehicles and a coach bay for school par
STANSTED Airport was celebrating last week as a planned state of the art visitor centre has been given the green light by Uttlesford District Council.
The new building would include a lecture theatre, parking for 20 vehicles and a coach bay for school parties and organised trips.
It will allow people an exciting insight into the world of airport operations for up to 40 visitors at any one time.
BAA's community manager, Valda Edmunds said: "It's fantastic news the visitors centre has been granted planning permission and we thank the council for giving it the thumbs up.
"Stansted Airport is an integral part of the community and the centre will be an important place for local people and aviation enthusiasts to meet."
The new centre will be located on the north side of the airfield and close to the long stay car park. A new road will be put in to provide easy access to the centre and will connect with a bus service to the main airport.
- 1 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 2 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 3 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 6 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 7 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 8 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 9 Harmer's career-best haul helps Essex stun Hampshire
- 10 Man in court over alleged 'fox-killing' during Puckeridge Hunt
Mrs Edmunds added: "Not only will
it offer stunning views across the
airfield but it will act as an
education resource for displays and activities for visiting school trips and community groups.
"What could be better to help to improve knowledge and understanding of Stansted Airport and aviation in general?