Education group for retired people
A NEW educational group for retired people is being launched in Stansted Mountfitchet on Thursday (April 30). The University of the Third Age (U3A) already runs a group in Saffron Walden, and with more than 400 members it is thriving. Now the U3A – the se
A NEW educational group for retired people is being launched in Stansted Mountfitchet on Thursday (April 30).
The University of the Third Age (U3A) already runs a group in Saffron Walden, and with more than 400 members it is thriving.
Now the U3A - the self-help educational movement for people no longer in full time work - is starting at the Stansted Day Centre on Crafton Green, Chapel Hill.
Organiser Maureen Lindsell said: "Each U3A is different. The programme reflects its members' wishes and resources. Activities which can be arranged include languages, history, book clubs, painting, music, walking, poetry, keep fit and computing.
You may also want to watch:
"Through sharing our knowledge, skills and experience, we aim to offer a combination of opportunities to study, create, socialise and in general develop a fitter mind and body."
The first meeting will run from 2.30pm to 4.30pm and will give people the opportunity to enrol and find out more about U3A.
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 5 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 10 Thaxted Rangers boosted by Co-op donation
The second meeting, with a speaker followed by tea and biscuits, will be held at the same time on Thursday May 21. Further meetings will follow on a monthly basis.
For more information contact Maureen Lindsell on 01279 850310.