Education group for retired people
A NEW educational group for retired people is being launched in Stansted Mountfitchet on Thursday (April 30). The University of the Third Age (U3A) already runs a group in Saffron Walden, and with more than 400 members it is thriving. Now the U3A – the se
A NEW educational group for retired people is being launched in Stansted Mountfitchet on Thursday (April 30).
The University of the Third Age (U3A) already runs a group in Saffron Walden, and with more than 400 members it is thriving.
Now the U3A - the self-help educational movement for people no longer in full time work - is starting at the Stansted Day Centre on Crafton Green, Chapel Hill.
Organiser Maureen Lindsell said: "Each U3A is different. The programme reflects its members' wishes and resources. Activities which can be arranged include languages, history, book clubs, painting, music, walking, poetry, keep fit and computing.
"Through sharing our knowledge, skills and experience, we aim to offer a combination of opportunities to study, create, socialise and in general develop a fitter mind and body."
The first meeting will run from 2.30pm to 4.30pm and will give people the opportunity to enrol and find out more about U3A.
- 1 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 4 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 5 Pictures: Hundreds take part in Saffron Walden Jubilee walk
- 6 SWCC girls U13 come close to victory
- 7 Saffron Walden triathlon a success as it returns to usual May date
- 8 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 Saffron Walden seal first win of EAPL season at Frinton
The second meeting, with a speaker followed by tea and biscuits, will be held at the same time on Thursday May 21. Further meetings will follow on a monthly basis.
For more information contact Maureen Lindsell on 01279 850310.