Stansted school celebrates LGBTQ+ students in Diversity Week
- Credit: Supplied
Diversity Week was an opportunity to give pupils the space to express themselves, a Stansted teacher has said.
Forest Hall School held Diversity Week in conjunction with LGBTQ+ young people's charity Just Like Us.
Sarah Power, enrichment lead at Forest Hall, said: "It was just so nice to see our students in the LGBTQ+ community being themselves completely in a safe space.
"They were doing something for themselves.
"Students have been at home for a lot more time than they ever would be and so have been exposed to just one or two opinions, which has had an affect on them.
"It has been good to be able to expose them to more."
She added: "It is important to show we are supportive of all of our students, regardless of their gender, background or sexuality."
Just Like Us is a national charity which campaigns for LGBTQ+-equality policies and education in schools.
- 1 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 2 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 3 Derby fun for Wendens Ambo as they brush off logistical headache
- 4 Essex parents fear return to remote lessons amid school staff shortage
- 5 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 6 Fire and ambulance crews rescue after serious M11 crash
- 7 Walden author unveils third book, with a touching dedication
- 8 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Large Visitor Attraction of the Year finalists
- 9 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 10 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end