Food collection and seasonal songs at R A Butler's harvest festival
- Credit: R A Butler Academy
Children at R A Butler Academy celebrated the autumn season with their very own harvest festival.
The three reception classes at the school shared an autumn poem.
Each class sang a seasonal song, and a collection was held for the Uttlesford Foodbank, which is based in Saffron Walden.
Izzy Aiken, Early Years lead, said: "We are so impressed with how well the children performed, particularly as many of them have never had the opportunity to take part in a live performance.
"They sang beautifully and were wonderfully confident with their poetry recital."
Izzy added that families with children in classes throughout the school contributed to the foodbank collection.
She said: "We were overwhelmed by the generosity of our families, some of whom bought whole bags of produce in.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 3 Saffron Walden County High School student launches campaign for a 'Quiet Room'
- 4 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 5 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 6 Saffron Walden a contender in Britain's Favourite Market vote
- 7 Music therapy top honour includes Walden's Together in Sound
- 8 Advent begins in Saffron Walden on Sunday
- 9 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 10 Students bring cheer to senior citizens through Christmas Buddy Scheme
"I would like to say thank you to our whole school community for supporting this vital local initiative."