Students given practical help through CV reviews
- Credit: supplied
For over 40 years the Rotary Club of Saffron Walden has held mock interviews for students from local schools.
When this year's Covid restrictions meant the usual face-to-face interviews had to be cancelled, the club found another way forward.
Rotary club member Geoff Etherington, one of the interview organisers said: “We know how invaluable a good CV is in starting a career.
“As an alternative to interviews, students prepared their CVs, which were then reviewed by a team of Rotarians and local business volunteers.”
Over 240 Year 12 students from Saffron Walden County High School took part in the CV appraisal exercise and gained comprehensive feedback.
You may also want to watch:
They will have an opportunity to take part in an online video meeting with an interviewer before the end of the summer term.
Mr Etherington expressed the club’s thanks to all those who had taken part in the event to make it such a success.
- 1 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 2 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 3 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 How one business is encouraging pet owners to go plastic free
- 7 WaldenTRI come together to produce a strong showing at Bedford Team Relays
- 8 Saffron Walden Town off to winning start with victory at Sawbridgeworth
- 9 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 10 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
Another youth initiative supported by the local Rotary Club is the Rotary Young Environmentalist Competition.
This aims to encourage young people to interact with the environment and address serious environmental issues.
The club’s Youth Activities lead, Richard Luckes said the competition is open to young people from aged eight to 17. The closing date is April 30, 2021. Email email@example.com for further information.