Students given practical help through CV reviews
- Credit: supplied
For over 40 years the Rotary Club of Saffron Walden has held mock interviews for students from local schools.
When this year's Covid restrictions meant the usual face-to-face interviews had to be cancelled, the club found another way forward.
Rotary club member Geoff Etherington, one of the interview organisers said: “We know how invaluable a good CV is in starting a career.
“As an alternative to interviews, students prepared their CVs, which were then reviewed by a team of Rotarians and local business volunteers.”
Over 240 Year 12 students from Saffron Walden County High School took part in the CV appraisal exercise and gained comprehensive feedback.
You may also want to watch:
They will have an opportunity to take part in an online video meeting with an interviewer before the end of the summer term.
Mr Etherington expressed the club’s thanks to all those who had taken part in the event to make it such a success.
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 6 Coronavirus one year on: Stansted suffers 95% drop in passengers
- 7 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 8 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 9 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
Another youth initiative supported by the local Rotary Club is the Rotary Young Environmentalist Competition.
This aims to encourage young people to interact with the environment and address serious environmental issues.
The club’s Youth Activities lead, Richard Luckes said the competition is open to young people from aged eight to 17. The closing date is April 30, 2021. Email email@example.com for further information.