Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- Credit: R A Butler Academy
Over 200 families have signed up to a challenge to clock up miles through walking, cycling and running.
R A Butler Academy in Saffron Walden wanted to keep the school community connected and getting exercise during lockdown.
Gain The Miles has been devised by school sports coordinator Mr Smith.
Children can earn House Points for distances covered, with Leader Board places also available.
Mr Smith said: “With children of my own, I know how important it is for them to get some fresh air and exercise every day.
You may also want to watch:
“It isn’t always easy to get them out particularly if it is cold, dark and wet but they love earning House Points and it is a great way to encourage children to leave the confines of lockdown.
"It is particularly good to see that our children haven’t let the rain and puddles hold them back. In fact, it seems to have added to the fun!“
- 1 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 2 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 3 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 4 Summer holiday catch-up classes among ideas being raised
- 5 Boy, five, who could wave cancer goodbye this year dances with twin brother
- 6 Uttlesford sees sharp fall in Covid-19 infections
- 7 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 8 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 9 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden
- 10 Telephone exchange fetches nearly £100,000 at auction