Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- Credit: R A Butler Academy
Over 200 families have signed up to a challenge to clock up miles through walking, cycling and running.
R A Butler Academy in Saffron Walden wanted to keep the school community connected and getting exercise during lockdown.
Gain The Miles has been devised by school sports coordinator Mr Smith.
Children can earn House Points for distances covered, with Leader Board places also available.
Mr Smith said: “With children of my own, I know how important it is for them to get some fresh air and exercise every day.
You may also want to watch:
“It isn’t always easy to get them out particularly if it is cold, dark and wet but they love earning House Points and it is a great way to encourage children to leave the confines of lockdown.
"It is particularly good to see that our children haven’t let the rain and puddles hold them back. In fact, it seems to have added to the fun!“
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays