Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- Credit: R A Butler Academy
Over 200 families have signed up to a challenge to clock up miles through walking, cycling and running.
R A Butler Academy in Saffron Walden wanted to keep the school community connected and getting exercise during lockdown.
Gain The Miles has been devised by school sports coordinator Mr Smith.
Children can earn House Points for distances covered, with Leader Board places also available.
Mr Smith said: “With children of my own, I know how important it is for them to get some fresh air and exercise every day.
You may also want to watch:
“It isn’t always easy to get them out particularly if it is cold, dark and wet but they love earning House Points and it is a great way to encourage children to leave the confines of lockdown.
"It is particularly good to see that our children haven’t let the rain and puddles hold them back. In fact, it seems to have added to the fun!“
- 1 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 4 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 5 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 6 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 7 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 8 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'