Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- Credit: R A Butler Academy
Over 200 families have signed up to a challenge to clock up miles through walking, cycling and running.
R A Butler Academy in Saffron Walden wanted to keep the school community connected and getting exercise during lockdown.
Gain The Miles has been devised by school sports coordinator Mr Smith.
Children can earn House Points for distances covered, with Leader Board places also available.
Mr Smith said: “With children of my own, I know how important it is for them to get some fresh air and exercise every day.
You may also want to watch:
“It isn’t always easy to get them out particularly if it is cold, dark and wet but they love earning House Points and it is a great way to encourage children to leave the confines of lockdown.
"It is particularly good to see that our children haven’t let the rain and puddles hold them back. In fact, it seems to have added to the fun!“
- 1 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 2 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 3 New Walden mayor announces his charities for the year
- 4 Old pirate ship climbing frame is removed for safety
- 5 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 8 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 9 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 10 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton