Elderly woman taken to hospital after car crashes into Tesco petrol station
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 90s has been taken to hospital after her car crashed into the kiosk of a petrol station.
Emergency services were called to the Tesco petrol station, on Radwinter Road, Saffron Walden, at about 12.20pm today (Wednesday).
The elderly woman was treated for a minor head injury and taken to hospital.
The petrol station has been closed following the incident.
Two fire crews were in attendance and released the casualty by 1.20pm.
A Tesco spokesperson said: “We wish the driver a full recovery. We closed the petrol station as soon as the incident happened and we’ll be working as hard as possible to get it back to normal for our customers”.
It is unclear at this stage how long the petrol station will remain closed but the Reporter understands engineers have been dispatched to the site.
- 1 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 2 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 3 Road building not the answer to Essex's transport woes, says campaigner
- 4 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 5 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 6 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 7 Saffron Striders enjoy home leg of inter-club cross-country championship
- 8 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 9 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 10 Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Meet the Small Visitor Attraction of the Year Award finalists
There was no damage to the pumps.