Elderly woman taken to hospital after car crashes into Tesco petrol station
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 90s has been taken to hospital after her car crashed into the kiosk of a petrol station.
Emergency services were called to the Tesco petrol station, on Radwinter Road, Saffron Walden, at about 12.20pm today (Wednesday).
The elderly woman was treated for a minor head injury and taken to hospital.
The petrol station has been closed following the incident.
Two fire crews were in attendance and released the casualty by 1.20pm.
You may also want to watch:
A Tesco spokesperson said: “We wish the driver a full recovery. We closed the petrol station as soon as the incident happened and we’ll be working as hard as possible to get it back to normal for our customers”.
It is unclear at this stage how long the petrol station will remain closed but the Reporter understands engineers have been dispatched to the site.
- 1 Further registrars speak out in wedding consultation row
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 4 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 8 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 9 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 10 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
There was no damage to the pumps.