ELECTION: Conservatives win Ashdon ward
- Credit: Archant
After a recount, the winning candidate in the Ashdon ward for Uttlesford District Council is Howard Rolfe.
Councillor Rolfe said: “It was a relief, It was close.
“It was a very good fight, it was a good contest and I’m very grateful to the residents of Ashdon ward for showing their support.”
Mr Starr said: “We made him work hard for every single vote. It was very close to call. The national election saw an upswing of Conservative support.
“The national agenda affected the vote. I’m disappointed. If it wasn’t for the General Election, without a doubt we would have won.
“People come out for the General Election and vote for the big parties and then choose the same party in the local elections.”
Howard Rolfe* (Conservative) 575 votes
- 1 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 2 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 3 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 6 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 7 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 8 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 9 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 10 Solar farm application decision is deferred
Dan Starr (Residents For Uttlesford) 533 votes
Barry Tyler (UKIP) 125 votes
* denotes returned councillor