ELECTION: Great Dunmow South and Barnston ward goes to the Conservatives.
- Credit: Archant
The winning candidates in the Great Dunmow South and Barnston ward for Uttlesford District Council are Graham Barker, Eric Hicks and Victor Ranger.
Residents For Uttlesford candidate Keith Mackman has lost his seat.
Councillor Ranger said: “It was close but we always knew that we have all-round policies which the other parties didn’t.”
Added Councillor Barker: “We are good at doing money which they haven’t spoken about.”
Councillor Hicks said: “I’ve represented Barnston for 12 years and I’m delighted that I’ve been returned for a further term to represent Dunmow South and Barnston. It’s a great of confidence from the electorate to me and I’m extremely grateful to them.”
Graham Barker* (Conservative) 1,412 votes
Ian Brown (Residents For Uttlesford) 1,066 votes
- 1 4 inspirational women are celebrated in Newport
- 2 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 3 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 4 Hands-on archaeology, beacons and picnics: Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 9 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
- 10 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
Maureen Caton (Liberal Democrats) 344 votes
Gerard Darcy (Labour) 379 votes
Eric Hicks* (Conservative) 1,364 votes
Keith Mackman (Residents For Uttlesford) 1,019 votes
Milan Milovanovic (Residents For Uttlesford) 842 votes
Victor Ranger* (Conservative) 1,273 votes
Duncan Sargent (Labour) 319 votes
The turnout was per cent.
* denotes returned councillors