ELECTION: Great Dunmow South and Barnston ward goes to the Conservatives.
- Credit: Archant
The winning candidates in the Great Dunmow South and Barnston ward for Uttlesford District Council are Graham Barker, Eric Hicks and Victor Ranger.
Residents For Uttlesford candidate Keith Mackman has lost his seat.
Councillor Ranger said: “It was close but we always knew that we have all-round policies which the other parties didn’t.”
Added Councillor Barker: “We are good at doing money which they haven’t spoken about.”
Councillor Hicks said: “I’ve represented Barnston for 12 years and I’m delighted that I’ve been returned for a further term to represent Dunmow South and Barnston. It’s a great of confidence from the electorate to me and I’m extremely grateful to them.”
You may also want to watch:
Graham Barker* (Conservative) 1,412 votes
Ian Brown (Residents For Uttlesford) 1,066 votes
- 1 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 2 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 3 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 4 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing
- 5 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 7 Share your views: Should Freedom Day on June 21 go ahead?
- 8 New development plan for former Friends' School
- 9 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 10 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
Maureen Caton (Liberal Democrats) 344 votes
Gerard Darcy (Labour) 379 votes
Eric Hicks* (Conservative) 1,364 votes
Keith Mackman (Residents For Uttlesford) 1,019 votes
Milan Milovanovic (Residents For Uttlesford) 842 votes
Victor Ranger* (Conservative) 1,273 votes
Duncan Sargent (Labour) 319 votes
The turnout was per cent.
* denotes returned councillors