ELECTION: Takeley ward goes to the Conservatives.
- Credit: Archant
The winning candidates in the Takeley ward for Uttlesford District Council are Jim Gordon, Derek Jones and Howard Ryles.
Residents For Uttlesford candidate Natalie Sullivan, who missed out by 10 votes to Howard Ryles, said: “I’m delighted to have made such an impression on the voters. There was a huge amount of support in Takeley and I’m looking forward to stirring that support back up again.
“I am immensely proud to have come so close to being a district councillor, to have come fourth by such a small margin.”
Geoff Bagnall (Independent) 325 votes
Terry Brandon (Labour) 426 votes
Sharron Coker (UKIP) 770 votes
Peter Emsden (Residents For Uttlesford) 599 votes
- 1 Delayed 350 homes development approved
- 2 Flashmob choir, free lessons: Latest Ukraine support
- 3 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 5 Could you be named the Essex Young Musician of the Year?
- 6 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: Uttlesford street party and activities
- 8 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 9 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Jim Gordon* (Conservative) 1,495 votes
Derek Jones* (Conservative) 1,384 votes
Paul Kimber (Liberal Democrats) 380 votes
Howard Ryles* (Conservative) 867 votes
Natalie Sullivan (Residents For Uttlesford) 857 votes
* denotes returned councillors