Electric car charge point in Saffron Walden to go live in next few days
- Credit: Archant
A new rapid electric vehicle charging point will go live in Saffron Walden in the next few days.
Essex County Council was awarded £150,000 from the Office of Low Emission Vehicles to install the charging points at various locations across the county.
Councillor Ray Howard, deputy cabinet member for highways and transportation, said: “This is the first network of its kind the country and will help make Essex’s roads cleaner and reduce carbon emissions.
“I’m proud that Essex is leading the way in making it easier for drivers to use electric vehicles and supporting the technologies of the future.
“I believe this project will contribute to the goal of creating a nationwide network of charging points.”
You may also want to watch:
The Saffron Walden charging point is at the Lord Butler Leisure Centre.
Chargers can re-charge a car in 20 to 30 minutes.
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Tools collection is a huge success
- 3 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 6 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 7 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 10 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party