Electric car charge point in Saffron Walden to go live in next few days
- Credit: Archant
A new rapid electric vehicle charging point will go live in Saffron Walden in the next few days.
Essex County Council was awarded £150,000 from the Office of Low Emission Vehicles to install the charging points at various locations across the county.
Councillor Ray Howard, deputy cabinet member for highways and transportation, said: “This is the first network of its kind the country and will help make Essex’s roads cleaner and reduce carbon emissions.
“I’m proud that Essex is leading the way in making it easier for drivers to use electric vehicles and supporting the technologies of the future.
“I believe this project will contribute to the goal of creating a nationwide network of charging points.”
You may also want to watch:
The Saffron Walden charging point is at the Lord Butler Leisure Centre.
Chargers can re-charge a car in 20 to 30 minutes.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 3 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 6 Robin Hood pantomime to celebrate Harlow Playhouse's 50th birthday this Christmas
- 7 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 8 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 9 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 10 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season