Electric cars for SMT GB staff
- Credit: SMT GB
Duxford-based SMT GB is swapping its entire company vehicle fleet from diesel and hybrid cars to fully electric.
The firm in Moorfield Road, which markets construction equipment and machinery, is also installing more charging points at its premises and providing financial support to enable staff to install home chargers.
All staff members can order their own electric car via a salary sacrifice scheme.
Paul Burr, Environmental Manager at SMT GB said: “Owning an electric car was always a dream of mine, but I’d previously found them to be unaffordable.
"Through the scheme I now have an electric car, and It’s a fantastic benefit not just to me, but to the wider environment. I am proud to work for a company that has taken this bold step forward.”
You may also want to watch:
John Green, Parts Operations Manager added: “My previous vehicle would cost me 24p per mile to run, whereas my new car costs me 2p."
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Saffron Striders doing their bit for charity as racing returns
- 10 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site