Elsenham slimmer gets taken out by funnyman Paddy McGuinness!
- Credit: Archant
It definitely wasn’t a case of ‘no likey, no lighty’ when a Slimming World Consultant from Elsenham met comedian and TV presenter Paddy McGuinness at an annual awards ceremony.
Karen Crouch, who runs a Slimming World group at Elsenham Village Hall every Wednesday, and St Johns Church Hall in Stansted every Thursday, was delighted to get a chance to cuddle up to Paddy when he co-hosted the Slimming World Awards with the organisation’s chair and founder Margaret Miles-Bramwell OBE.
Bolton-born Paddy, who shot to fame in Channel 4 comedy Phoenix Nights alongside school friend Peter Kay before becoming a popular stand-up comedian and TV presenter on shows including ITV1’s Take Me Out, said he thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
He added: “I have to admit the most I knew about Slimming World before the awards was a gag in Peter’s routine that refers to Slimming World as being a £1 cheaper than its competitors! Jokes aside, I was genuinely amazed to hear about what a difference Consultants like Karen make to people’s lives.
“At the ceremony I met lots of people who’d lost incredible amounts of weight and it had totally changed their lives. Every single one of them told me that they couldn’t have done it without the support of their Slimming World group and their consultant.
You may also want to watch:
““Before I started working in comedy I was a fitness instructor so I know how important it is to look after yourself, but equally I know it’s not always easy to motivate yourself. So, having the help and support of someone like Karen to keep you on track and be there with advice when you need it really is invaluable.”
Karen said meeting Paddy at the event, which was held at Birmingham’s International Convention Centre, was the cherry on the top of a great year for the Elsenham Slimming World group.
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 3 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 4 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 5 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 6 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 7 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 8 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 9 West Essex villages fear becoming 'trapped' by road closures
- 10 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir
She said: “Obviously the most important thing of all is that the group have lost weight and improved their health throughout 2013 and I’m so proud of all of my members – many of them have achieved their target weights and been able do things they never thought possible before slimming down, including doing more with their families, taking up new hobbies, reducing medication or simply fitting in smaller-sized clothes.
“And they’re helping their entire family to eat more healthily too.
“But as well as seeing stonking success on the scales, we’ve had a lot of fun throughout the year too – we’ve held parties in group, raised money for charity and members have cheered each other on with every step of their weight loss journey.
“I can’t wait to see what 2014 holds for the group and I’d love anyone who’s thinking about losing weight this January to join us.”
For more information, call Karen on 01279 507511 or visit slimmingworld.com