Handmade items raise 'friendship fund' cash
- Credit: Elsenham WI
Elsenham WI has raised £667 through a ‘Pop-Up Shop' in Elsenham Post Office.
The shop started in November and continued until Christmas, selling hand-crafted toys, scarves, hats, baby jumpers and a variety of gifts and decorations.
Stocks were regularly replenished and thanks to the generosity of customers, there was hardly anything left at the end.
The money raised for the WI's ‘friendship fund’ will buy flowers and cards.
This is the second year the Post Office has helped the WI.
Barbara Pether, the group's Vice President who runs the craft club, presented Post Office staff Colin Bowen, Karen Sheerin and Dean Palmer with flowers and chocolates.
Moyra Jackson, President of Elsenham WI, said: “We are all amazed at the amount of money raised in the Post Office.
"We have a fantastic team at the Post Office in Elsenham and we are very grateful to them for this and everything they do for our village.”
- 1 Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Meet the Small Visitor Attraction of the Year Award finalists
- 2 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 3 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 4 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 5 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 6 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 7 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 8 Road building not the answer to Essex's transport woes, says campaigner
- 9 Saffron Striders enjoy home leg of inter-club cross-country championship
- 10 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home