Energy efficiency grants available to Essex residents
A MULTI-MILLION pound insulation campaign to improve the energy efficiency of homes in Essex has been launched.
The home insulation campaign has been set up by energy efficiency specialist Enact Energy who, for the last 15 years, has been helping homeowners, private tenants and residential landlords across the UK to benefit from insulation grants available under the Government’s Carbon Emissions Reduction Target.
Under the campaign, which offers grants towards the installation of cavity wall and loft insulation into the home, grants of up to �300 for cavity wall insulation and �116 for loft insulation are available – covering 60 per cent of the cost of cavity wall insulation and 40 per cent of the cost of loft insulation.
For people over 70 or in receipt of qualifying benefits, free insulation measures are also available, subject to assessment.
According to Enact Energy CEO Adrian Wright, the grants available will not only enable homeowners in Essex to make their properties more energy efficient, and warmer during cold winters, but by doing so, will reduce their energy bills.
You may also want to watch:
“The grants are made available by electricity companies to enable homeowners to significantly offset the cost of making their homes warmer by improving their insulation levels and preventing around half of the heat produced within the home from escaping through the walls and roof of the property,” he said.
“So far we have successfully insulated over 300,000 homes across the UK and are delighted to be able to now offer these new limited grants to householders across Essex.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 8 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 9 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 10 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
“By improving the levels of insulation, homeowners in Essex could save between them hundreds of thousands of pounds in reduced electricity bills every year and significantly reduce the amount of energy that is unnecessarily wasted through poorly insulated properties.”
Householders will be receiving a letter from Enact Energy shortly and are being encouraged to contact Enact ASAP as grants are limited and will be given out on a first come, first served basis.
For more information about the insulation campaign, or other energy efficiency and renewable energy products and services available through Enact Energy, call free on 0800 093 40 50 or visit enactenergy.co.uk