Engineering gets a boost at Saffron Walden County High School
YOUNG Engineers at Saffron Walden County High Sschool received a boost to their funds thanks a generous donation from a local firm.
Greg Howell, managing director of Saffron Walden-based LPA Niphan Systems presented a cheque for �1,025 to support the development of a Young Engineers Club at the school. The cash was raised as part of the LPA Group’s annual charity golf day held at Saffron Walden Golf Club.
Mr Howell told staff that it was great to be able to provide funds that may assist the student projects so that they might be enthused to consider a career in engineering. He was also able to spend time with a class of Year 9 engineering students, talking to them about their work.
The school has been running GCSE engineering for two years and there are over 80 students following the course.
The after school club was established at the request of students and the desire of the teachers to support and develop an interest in this field of work.
With the money it is hoped to be able to offer more students the opportunity of attending what is already a very successful extra-curricular club.
- 1 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 2 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 3 Derby fun for Wendens Ambo as they brush off logistical headache
- 4 Essex parents fear return to remote lessons amid school staff shortage
- 5 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 6 Fire and ambulance crews rescue after serious M11 crash
- 7 Walden author unveils third book, with a touching dedication
- 8 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 9 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Large Visitor Attraction of the Year finalists
- 10 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end