Engineering gets a boost at Saffron Walden County High School
YOUNG Engineers at Saffron Walden County High Sschool received a boost to their funds thanks a generous donation from a local firm.
Greg Howell, managing director of Saffron Walden-based LPA Niphan Systems presented a cheque for �1,025 to support the development of a Young Engineers Club at the school. The cash was raised as part of the LPA Group’s annual charity golf day held at Saffron Walden Golf Club.
Mr Howell told staff that it was great to be able to provide funds that may assist the student projects so that they might be enthused to consider a career in engineering. He was also able to spend time with a class of Year 9 engineering students, talking to them about their work.
The school has been running GCSE engineering for two years and there are over 80 students following the course.
The after school club was established at the request of students and the desire of the teachers to support and develop an interest in this field of work.
You may also want to watch:
With the money it is hoped to be able to offer more students the opportunity of attending what is already a very successful extra-curricular club.
- 1 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 4 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 5 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 8 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches