Engineering gets a boost at Saffron Walden County High School
YOUNG Engineers at Saffron Walden County High Sschool received a boost to their funds thanks a generous donation from a local firm.
Greg Howell, managing director of Saffron Walden-based LPA Niphan Systems presented a cheque for �1,025 to support the development of a Young Engineers Club at the school. The cash was raised as part of the LPA Group’s annual charity golf day held at Saffron Walden Golf Club.
Mr Howell told staff that it was great to be able to provide funds that may assist the student projects so that they might be enthused to consider a career in engineering. He was also able to spend time with a class of Year 9 engineering students, talking to them about their work.
The school has been running GCSE engineering for two years and there are over 80 students following the course.
The after school club was established at the request of students and the desire of the teachers to support and develop an interest in this field of work.
You may also want to watch:
With the money it is hoped to be able to offer more students the opportunity of attending what is already a very successful extra-curricular club.
- 1 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 2 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 3 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 4 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 5 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 8 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 9 Essex County Council approves council tax increase