Enter our children’s Christmas card competition to win panto tickets
- Credit: Archant
The Reporter has teamed up with The Saffron Walden Gallery and the Saffron Players to give one youngster and their family a chance to win tickets to the panto by creating their own Christmas card.
Children are allowed to use any materials they like for their card design, as long as it fits onto a sheet of A4 paper.
There will be categories ranging from reception to Year 6. A winner will be selected from each category, with the prize to have their picture framed and displayed in the gallery’s shop window.
The runners-up will have their work mounted for them.
Proprietor of The Saffron Walden Gallery on High Street, Sara Horncastle, said: “We are thrilled to take part in this Christmas competition.
You may also want to watch:
“Part of our ethos is very much encouraging the younger generation into art.
“When we are visited by children from the County High School, it is lovely to see them so ‘wowed’ by the art on display, anything that opens them up to the creative world has to be a good thing.
- 1 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 7 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 8 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 10 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
“We will be delighted to exhibit the winning pieces, they will be hanging amongst some very renowned and collected artists, what a way to begin as an artist!”
The overall winner of the competition will get a family ticket (two adults and two children) to see the Saffron Players perform Aladdin on January 24, at Saffron Walden Town Hall.
Secretary for Saffron Players, Vanessa Cowell, said: “We are more than happy to get behind this competition.
“It will be great to see what the children come up with for their Christmas card designs.”
Speaking about the panto, she added: “We are very excited about this year’s performance. All the cast are working really hard to provide an enjoyable and interactive show. Be prepared to join in with the fun!”
Christmas card entries need to be submitted to the Reporter’s office, at 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1EE, by Monday, December 15.
The Reporter will endeavour to print as many of the entries as possible over the festive period.