Enter our children’s Christmas card competition to win panto tickets
- Credit: Archant
The Reporter has teamed up with The Saffron Walden Gallery and the Saffron Players to give one youngster and their family a chance to win tickets to the panto by creating their own Christmas card.
Children are allowed to use any materials they like for their card design, as long as it fits onto a sheet of A4 paper.
There will be categories ranging from reception to Year 6. A winner will be selected from each category, with the prize to have their picture framed and displayed in the gallery’s shop window.
The runners-up will have their work mounted for them.
Proprietor of The Saffron Walden Gallery on High Street, Sara Horncastle, said: “We are thrilled to take part in this Christmas competition.
You may also want to watch:
“Part of our ethos is very much encouraging the younger generation into art.
“When we are visited by children from the County High School, it is lovely to see them so ‘wowed’ by the art on display, anything that opens them up to the creative world has to be a good thing.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 3 Essex Highways proposes 11-week closure to main road near Thaxted
- 4 Remembrance parade will take place, says town council
- 5 Aviation day out at Audley End for west Essex Scouts groups
- 6 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 9 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 10 Walden fire: Resident has died
“We will be delighted to exhibit the winning pieces, they will be hanging amongst some very renowned and collected artists, what a way to begin as an artist!”
The overall winner of the competition will get a family ticket (two adults and two children) to see the Saffron Players perform Aladdin on January 24, at Saffron Walden Town Hall.
Secretary for Saffron Players, Vanessa Cowell, said: “We are more than happy to get behind this competition.
“It will be great to see what the children come up with for their Christmas card designs.”
Speaking about the panto, she added: “We are very excited about this year’s performance. All the cast are working really hard to provide an enjoyable and interactive show. Be prepared to join in with the fun!”
Christmas card entries need to be submitted to the Reporter’s office, at 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1EE, by Monday, December 15.
The Reporter will endeavour to print as many of the entries as possible over the festive period.