Entries open for this year’s Saffron Walden 10k
- Credit: Archant
Dare you tackle the Wicked Walden?
The popular Saffron Walden 10K organised annually by the Saffron Striders running club returns for 2014 on Sunday, 28 September – and entries are now open.
The race takes place in Newport, starting and finishing at Newport Free Grammar, and this year has the new name of The Wicked Walden to reflect the challenging course on offer.
The 6.2 mile race is mostly off-road through undulating countryside around Newport village and offers an exciting run - with a real sense of achievement for everyone who crosses the finish line!
The race is open to everyone aged 16 and over and every year has runners of all abilities taking part, from regular club athletes to people who run in their free time to stay fit.
As well as prizes for individual performances in age categories there is also a team prize up for grabs and businesses and other organisations are encouraged to sign up.
A spokesman for the Saffron Striders said: “The Wicked Walden is a challenging but fun event and attracts hundreds of people each year who want to test themselves against the rolling north Essex countryside.
- 1 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 2 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 6 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 7 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 8 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 9 How to hold a street party for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Celebrating 20th anniversary of Harry Potter at Saffron Screen
“It is easy to register for the race - just visit www.saffronstriders.org.uk and there is a link on the homepage. People can also register via runnersworld.co.uk.”
Alternatively, on the day registration will be available until 10am and the race starts at 10.30am.
Everyone who takes part will receive a technical t-shirt.