Entries open for this year’s Saffron Walden 10k
- Credit: Archant
Dare you tackle the Wicked Walden?
The popular Saffron Walden 10K organised annually by the Saffron Striders running club returns for 2014 on Sunday, 28 September – and entries are now open.
The race takes place in Newport, starting and finishing at Newport Free Grammar, and this year has the new name of The Wicked Walden to reflect the challenging course on offer.
The 6.2 mile race is mostly off-road through undulating countryside around Newport village and offers an exciting run - with a real sense of achievement for everyone who crosses the finish line!
The race is open to everyone aged 16 and over and every year has runners of all abilities taking part, from regular club athletes to people who run in their free time to stay fit.
You may also want to watch:
As well as prizes for individual performances in age categories there is also a team prize up for grabs and businesses and other organisations are encouraged to sign up.
A spokesman for the Saffron Striders said: “The Wicked Walden is a challenging but fun event and attracts hundreds of people each year who want to test themselves against the rolling north Essex countryside.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 5 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
“It is easy to register for the race - just visit www.saffronstriders.org.uk and there is a link on the homepage. People can also register via runnersworld.co.uk.”
Alternatively, on the day registration will be available until 10am and the race starts at 10.30am.
Everyone who takes part will receive a technical t-shirt.