Environment Agency to speak at FREE breakfast briefing on waste issues, to be held at Duxford Airspa
WASTE legislation has changed significantly in the last few years. Costs for waste disposal have increased, but businesses can take simple steps to save money and keep within the law by reducing the amount of waste they generate. Want to know more? Come a
WASTE legislation has changed significantly in the last few years. Costs for waste disposal have increased, but businesses can take simple steps to save money and keep within the law by reducing the amount of waste they generate.
Want to know more? Come and listen to representatives from the Environment Agency (EA) and South Cambridgeshire District Council (SCDC) who will be at the Local Business Networking and Breakfast Event at Duxford Airspace, Duxford, on Tuesday November 17.
Their talk will cover topics such as what businesses can do to save money by keeping their costs down, hazardous waste, duty of care and the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive amongst other waste issues.
The EA and SCDC are just two of the organisations offering free advice and information to businesses under the banner of 'Better Regulation, Better Business'.
You may also want to watch:
This breakfast event provides the perfect opportunity to find out about updates to business legislation, to listen to a selection of speakers and to ask questions about regulatory issues.
The event is FREE. From 8am onwards attendees will have breakfast, listen to speakers, look at the exhibition and have an excellent opportunity to network.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
Area manager for the EA, Geoff Brighty, said: "We hope that anyone who wants information about keeping within the law on environmental issues or tips on how to save money by reducing waste, will come along to this event.
"We appreciate that running a business can mean great pressure and there are many directions in which you can be pulled."
The event is being organised by the Cambridgeshire Local Business Partnership. To book a place phone Business Link on 0845 6011000.