ESSEX: �40,000 Mercedes CLK stolen in Stansted burglary
THIEVES drove away in a �40,000 Mercedes after breaking into the owner s Stansted home to get the car keys. The burglary happened at around 1.05am on Monday (March 22) in High Lane. The suspects broke into the property, took the car keys and then used the
THIEVES drove away in a �40,000 Mercedes after breaking into the owner's Stansted home to get the car keys.
The burglary happened at around 1.05am on Monday (March 22) in High Lane.
The suspects broke into the property, took the car keys and then used them to drive away in a black Mercedes CLK, index LT59 LFP.
Police are appealing for information and witnesses. Detectives can be reached at CID Braintree on 0300 333 4444 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
DCI Mark Wheeler said: "There are a few simple steps that people can take to make themselves even safer. It's good to ensure that you keep your keys somewhere safe and out of sight. In addition, do not leave cash, bags and wallets lying around.
"Please keep all accessible doors and window closed and locked. If you have uPVC doors, please ensure that you lock the door with the key - just pulling up the handle does not deadlock the door. If you have a garage, please try to lock your vehicle away safely inside it.
- 1 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 2 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 3 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 4 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 5 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 6 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 7 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Town council backs new support club
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford