ESSEX: �40,000 Mercedes CLK stolen in Stansted burglary
THIEVES drove away in a �40,000 Mercedes after breaking into the owner s Stansted home to get the car keys. The burglary happened at around 1.05am on Monday (March 22) in High Lane. The suspects broke into the property, took the car keys and then used the
THIEVES drove away in a �40,000 Mercedes after breaking into the owner's Stansted home to get the car keys.
The burglary happened at around 1.05am on Monday (March 22) in High Lane.
The suspects broke into the property, took the car keys and then used them to drive away in a black Mercedes CLK, index LT59 LFP.
Police are appealing for information and witnesses. Detectives can be reached at CID Braintree on 0300 333 4444 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
DCI Mark Wheeler said: "There are a few simple steps that people can take to make themselves even safer. It's good to ensure that you keep your keys somewhere safe and out of sight. In addition, do not leave cash, bags and wallets lying around.
"Please keep all accessible doors and window closed and locked. If you have uPVC doors, please ensure that you lock the door with the key - just pulling up the handle does not deadlock the door. If you have a garage, please try to lock your vehicle away safely inside it.
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 5 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 6 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 7 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 8 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 9 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley
- 10 Strong start for Saffron Walden as competitive rugby returns with a bang.