Essex: A dry night for News Years Eve, say weather forecasters
Revellers out and about on New Years Eve should be in for a dry night forecasters have said.
The experts at Weatherquest say it is likely to be dry but a bit windy across north Essex into the evening with “a small chance” of a blustery shower passing through.
According to Chris Bell, a lead forecaster at Weatherquest, the general pattern for weather this week is breezy and unsettled with rain at times.
Today’s winds, that reached speeds of 44mph in Suffolk and saw the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge at Dartford closed for a short time as a precaution, have now died down. But they are expected to pick up after midnight and into tomorrow morning with rain forecast for later into the day.
As for News Years Day, it is expected to start off dry and then become wet and windy into the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
“The best of the weather will be before midday,” said Mr Bell, who forecast winds could reach up to 45mph later on into January 1 2014.
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 3 Tools collection is a huge success
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 10 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues