ESSEX: A new Dimension for Pink Floyd tribute at High Barn
WISH you were here? The High Barn in Great Bardfield will be rocking to the sounds of Pink Floyd when a tribute band takes to the stage on Friday March 19. After performing two sell-out gigs in Saffron Walden Town Hall, first in 2007 and again in 2008, Th
WISH you were here? The High Barn in Great Bardfield will be rocking to the sounds of Pink Floyd when a tribute band takes to the stage on Friday March 19.
After performing two sell-out gigs in Saffron Walden Town Hall, first in 2007 and again in 2008, The Pink Floyd Dimension is back by popular demand.
In preparation for a much-hyped return to Saffron Walden in May, the talented rockers will be playing a warm-up gig at High Barn.
But this isn't merely a rehearsal. The audience is in for a unique musical experience with a whole new set and show production which features the best-selling album Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety.
Bass player Alex Tsentides said: "We have got a slightly new line-up this year. We are now a seven-piece band and we've got a new member. Four of us are from Saffron Walden, but we have all played in the area for a long time.
"We're huge fans of Pink Floyd because it's the music we grew up with and the songs have a lot of depth to them."
- 1 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 2 e-comics and creative writing help from Essex libraries
- 3 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Saffron Walden girls enjoy first festival outing
- 5 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 6 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
- 7 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 8 'Cat bite could have killed me': Many operations for rescuer
- 9 Red, white and blue: Royal theme for Saffron Walden windows
- 10 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
Joining Alex in the band are Fabian Smith on guitar, Fred Harris on drums and percussion, Myke Clifford on vocals, saxophone and percussion, Tiffany Gore on vocals, Dave Kendall on keyboards, programming and vocals, and Mark Page on guitar, lap steel, keyboards and vocals.
Tickets are �12.50 and are available at www.high-barn.com or by calling 01371 811291.
If you can't catch The Pink Floyd Dimension at the High Barn then don't worry. The band will be performing a concert at Saffron Walden Town Hall on May 22 in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust which will include a full light show featuring projections and lasers.
Tickets are �15 and will be available from March 19 at Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre (01799 524002) or on-line at www.wegottickets.com
And on May 21 the band is putting on another gig in support of The Teenage Cancer Trust featuring some of Saffron Walden's best home-grown musical talent.
The show will be headlined by The Great Nothing who will intrepidly weave compelling and witty tales about life in an Essex Market Town. They will be supported by Another Storm; and the evening will open with acoustic treats from Tom Cory and Fabian Smith, featuring songs from Tom's recent album, Signals At Breakfast.