Essex Air Ambulance drops in to say hover nice day to Saffron Walden pupils
A HELICOPTER landing in a field is something you don t see everyday – but that is exactly what people at the Katherine Semar infant and junior schools were treated to. Teachers, parents and pupils from the Saffron Walden school invited the Essex Air Ambul
A HELICOPTER landing in a field is something you don't see everyday - but that is exactly what people at the Katherine Semar infant and junior schools were treated to.
Teachers, parents and pupils from the Saffron Walden school invited the Essex Air Ambulance to pop over and tell them all about the life saving work they undertake everyday.
Headteacher Jane Gilmour said: "It was fantastic for all the children and the adults. The helicopter landed in the middle of our field and each class got the chance to ask questions of the pilots and medics onboard.
"Before it arrived the pupils got to learn all about what the air ambulance does in a special morning assembly - it was great for them to see it in scale."
You may also want to watch:
Pupils are now having a 'yellow day' to raise vital funds to keep the air ambulance in operation.
Pictured, Paramedic Steve Dennehy talks to pupils about the air ambulance. To order prints click on myphotos24
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 3 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 8 When Covid-19 restrictions lift, will we ever shake hands again?
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled