Essex assault victim dies
Detectives investigating the serious assault of a man in Essex on August 19 have been informed that he has died.
The victim, a 27-year-old man, died this afternoon (August 20) in Broomfield Hospital after being assault on Duke Street in Chelmsford in the early hours of Sunday. His family in Albania have been informed. He had been living in the London area
Detectives are now treating this incident as a homicide investigation. Two men were initially arrested: a 31 year old from west London has been released on bail until October and a 28-year-old man from Chelmsford remains in police custody.
Another man, aged 29 from Canvey Island was arrested in connection with the assault yesterday evening (August 19).
Detectives from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate need to speak to any witnesses who were in the area at the time, around 3am on Sunday morning.
You may also want to watch:
Det Ch Insp Lucy Robinson said: “I urgently need to speak to two men who can be seen on CCTV in the area at the time. They can be seen helping a man to his feet following the incident and I need to talk to them as they will have vital witness information.”
They, and any other witnesses, are asked to contact the investigation team on 101, quoting Operation Paint; or e-mail their contact details to SCDAppeals@essex.pnn.police.uk.
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 7 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 8 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40