Essex assault victim dies
Detectives investigating the serious assault of a man in Essex on August 19 have been informed that he has died.
The victim, a 27-year-old man, died this afternoon (August 20) in Broomfield Hospital after being assault on Duke Street in Chelmsford in the early hours of Sunday. His family in Albania have been informed. He had been living in the London area
Detectives are now treating this incident as a homicide investigation. Two men were initially arrested: a 31 year old from west London has been released on bail until October and a 28-year-old man from Chelmsford remains in police custody.
Another man, aged 29 from Canvey Island was arrested in connection with the assault yesterday evening (August 19).
Detectives from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate need to speak to any witnesses who were in the area at the time, around 3am on Sunday morning.
You may also want to watch:
Det Ch Insp Lucy Robinson said: “I urgently need to speak to two men who can be seen on CCTV in the area at the time. They can be seen helping a man to his feet following the incident and I need to talk to them as they will have vital witness information.”
They, and any other witnesses, are asked to contact the investigation team on 101, quoting Operation Paint; or e-mail their contact details to SCDAppeals@essex.pnn.police.uk.
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal