Essex-based estate agent creates role for unemployed teenager
BOSSES at a local estate agent have been so impressed by an unemployed 18-year-old that they have created a new job just for him.
Joe Wyatt from Widdington has been taken on this week as a junior negotiator with Mullucks Wells.
When the firm recently advertised a vacancy, Joe applied for it, having been made redundant only weeks earlier from his position with a Cambridge agency carrying out cutbacks.
During the round of interviews, Mullucks filled the job it had advertised - but was so impressed with Joe that they took him on at the same time.
Joe said: “I’ve always wanted to be an estate agent. I love property and people and after finishing my A-Levels I took a course in Chelmsford on training for estate agency.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a job where there is something different every day and you would never risk being bored in such a career.”
Director William Wells said: “We saw a couple of very good CVs from youngsters, but were particularly impressed by Joe’s positive attitude and enthusiasm. So we decided to make our own small inroad into the terrifyingly high levels of unemployed in the 18-24 age group and create a position just for him.”
- 1 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 6 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'