Essex-based estate agent creates role for unemployed teenager
BOSSES at a local estate agent have been so impressed by an unemployed 18-year-old that they have created a new job just for him.
Joe Wyatt from Widdington has been taken on this week as a junior negotiator with Mullucks Wells.
When the firm recently advertised a vacancy, Joe applied for it, having been made redundant only weeks earlier from his position with a Cambridge agency carrying out cutbacks.
During the round of interviews, Mullucks filled the job it had advertised - but was so impressed with Joe that they took him on at the same time.
Joe said: “I’ve always wanted to be an estate agent. I love property and people and after finishing my A-Levels I took a course in Chelmsford on training for estate agency.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a job where there is something different every day and you would never risk being bored in such a career.”
Director William Wells said: “We saw a couple of very good CVs from youngsters, but were particularly impressed by Joe’s positive attitude and enthusiasm. So we decided to make our own small inroad into the terrifyingly high levels of unemployed in the 18-24 age group and create a position just for him.”
- 1 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 2 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 5 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 6 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 7 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 8 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 9 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire