Essex: Business leaders quiz Vince Cable at chambers’ House of Commons dinner
ESSEX Chambers of Commerce has hosted at dinner for more than 50 business leaders from across the county at the House of Commons, with Business Secretary Vince Cable among the speakers.
Guests took the opportunity to quiz the Secretary of State on key issues affecting businesses in Essex including apprenticeships, funding for further education, the future of agriculture, the new Local Enterprise Partnerships and investment in the county’s infrastructure.
Sir Bob Russell and Brooks Newmark, the MPs for Colchester and Braintree respectively, also spoke at the event.
Essex Chambers chief executive Denise Rossiter said: “We were delighted that the Secretary of State was able to take time out of his busy schedule to hear the views of our members and to update them on what the Government is doing to promote enterprise in the UK.
“This was an excellent event which allowed us to brief the Secretary of State about the state of businesses in Essex and some of the challenges that our members face on a day to day basis.”
You may also want to watch:
Sir Bob Russell said: “I was delighted to have helped bring together Vince Cable and Essex businesses to share views about the economy of our great county. Businesses in Essex are so lucky to have Denise Rossiter and Essex Chambers as their champion. Keep up the good work”
Denise Rossiter added: “We look forward to continuing to work with our local MPs to ensure that we lead the way in promoting the interests of the county’s business community whether large or small.”
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 5 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 6 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 7 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 8 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 9 Strong start for Saffron Walden as competitive rugby returns with a bang.
- 10 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley