Essex businesses out of the blocks for London 2012 funding
ESSEX businesses have been quick out of the blocks to win an estimated �13.8 million worth of London 2012 supply contracts.
The latest figures show 167 contracts have been secured by companies who advertised via the CompeteFor website.
Co-funded by the East of England Development Agency, CompeteFor is the online ‘dating agency’ for businesses to apply for contracts linked to the Games.
Local businesses can find out how they can make London 2012 count for their business with a variety of opportunities available.
Contracts worth approximately �250 million will be available through CompeteFor during 2011, ranging from the supply of podiums and costumes, to furniture and professional artists and performers.
You may also want to watch:
CompeteFor are running free workshops to help businesses maximise their profile and take advantage of the contract opportunities.
The next workshop is taking place on March 9 in Bishop’s Stortford. Visit eeda.org.uk/competefor for more information and to register.
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 4 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 7 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 10 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters