Essex businesses out of the blocks for London 2012 funding
ESSEX businesses have been quick out of the blocks to win an estimated �13.8 million worth of London 2012 supply contracts.
The latest figures show 167 contracts have been secured by companies who advertised via the CompeteFor website.
Co-funded by the East of England Development Agency, CompeteFor is the online ‘dating agency’ for businesses to apply for contracts linked to the Games.
Local businesses can find out how they can make London 2012 count for their business with a variety of opportunities available.
Contracts worth approximately �250 million will be available through CompeteFor during 2011, ranging from the supply of podiums and costumes, to furniture and professional artists and performers.
You may also want to watch:
CompeteFor are running free workshops to help businesses maximise their profile and take advantage of the contract opportunities.
The next workshop is taking place on March 9 in Bishop’s Stortford. Visit eeda.org.uk/competefor for more information and to register.
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 5 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 6 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 7 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 8 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 9 Strong start for Saffron Walden as competitive rugby returns with a bang.
- 10 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley