Essex ‘Buy with Confidence’ scheme relaunches website
THE Essex Buy With Confidence scheme - which helps residents to find reliable traders and businesses across the county - has relaunched its website.
The scheme, operated by Essex County Council Trading Standards, helps residents to find reputable businesses locally, which means they don’t have to fear being ripped off by a rogue trader.
It has members offering a wide range of services including building construction, solar energy, plumbing and heating and home security.
Cabinet member with responsibility for trading standards, Cllr Kevin Bentley, said: “The new website should make it even easier for residents to find reliable traders.
“The scheme provides residents with the peace of mind that a trader will carry out work to the highest standard, and gives businesses the chance to show that they are committed to providing the best possible service for their customers.”
You may also want to watch:
Before being allowed to join the scheme businesses go through a strict audit process in order to be able to use the Buy With Confidence logo, and highlight their Essex Trading Standards approval.
Buy with Confidence also requires all members of staff who visit residents at their homes to have passed a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check.
- 1 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 2 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 3 Covid-19 breaches at Stansted Airport
- 4 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 5 Containerlift supports laughter and supply chains
- 6 Essex: Climate change top priority for residents
- 7 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 8 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 9 Cam Valley to broadcast a special Mother's Day service
- 10 Fun for virtual World Book Day 2021
Residents can search for approved traders by visiting buywithconfidence.gov.uk.
Anyone who uses a Buy with Confidence trader can fill in an online feedback form about the service they received. Feedback is constantly monitored by Trading Standards, and any businesses that fall below expectations can be expelled from the scheme.
The scheme is open to businesses across Essex. Further details on how to apply are available atessex.gov.uk/buywithconfidence or by calling 0845 603 7626.