Essex care home charity get new name
A THAXTED respite care centre is to be renamed.
Respite Care in Uttlesford (Rescu), which is attempting to raise �1 million for a new care home in the village, will now be known at Maypole House.
Chairman Debbie Stephen said. “The centre is to be built at the end of Little Maypoles and it seemed only fitting to name our centre Maypole House.”
Designs are currently being drawn up by DW. Architects who specialise in building care homes throughout the country. The charity is planning to provide a purpose built respite centre that will provide first class care for people with learning disabilities.
Rescu want to create a safe happy environment for people to come and stay for short periods of time. It will be a residential centre that will not only provide short term respite care but also provide help and guidance for people to work towards independent living.
The project will cost in the region of �1 million and Rescu is all set to up the fund raising actives to reach that goal. With a new image of maypole ribbons, the charity’s fundraising will continue under the name of Maypole House.
Rescu have recently set up a pledge fund of �5000 and need to raise a further �5000 in online donations before the end of November; if they achieve this they will be able to enter the Big Give Challenge Fund and gain the chance to double the amount raised.
- 1 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 2 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 3 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 6 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 7 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 8 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 9 Man in court over alleged 'fox-killing' during Puckeridge Hunt
- 10 Harmer's career-best haul helps Essex stun Hampshire
If you would like to help donations can be made through thebiggive.org.uk/pledge/rescu