Essex care home charity get new name
A THAXTED respite care centre is to be renamed.
Respite Care in Uttlesford (Rescu), which is attempting to raise �1 million for a new care home in the village, will now be known at Maypole House.
Chairman Debbie Stephen said. “The centre is to be built at the end of Little Maypoles and it seemed only fitting to name our centre Maypole House.”
Designs are currently being drawn up by DW. Architects who specialise in building care homes throughout the country. The charity is planning to provide a purpose built respite centre that will provide first class care for people with learning disabilities.
Rescu want to create a safe happy environment for people to come and stay for short periods of time. It will be a residential centre that will not only provide short term respite care but also provide help and guidance for people to work towards independent living.
You may also want to watch:
The project will cost in the region of �1 million and Rescu is all set to up the fund raising actives to reach that goal. With a new image of maypole ribbons, the charity’s fundraising will continue under the name of Maypole House.
Rescu have recently set up a pledge fund of �5000 and need to raise a further �5000 in online donations before the end of November; if they achieve this they will be able to enter the Big Give Challenge Fund and gain the chance to double the amount raised.
- 1 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 2 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 3 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 4 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 5 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 8 More than 17,000 Uttlesford pensioners claim cash to help heat their homes
- 9 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
If you would like to help donations can be made through thebiggive.org.uk/pledge/rescu