Essex care home charity get new name
A THAXTED respite care centre is to be renamed.
Respite Care in Uttlesford (Rescu), which is attempting to raise �1 million for a new care home in the village, will now be known at Maypole House.
Chairman Debbie Stephen said. “The centre is to be built at the end of Little Maypoles and it seemed only fitting to name our centre Maypole House.”
Designs are currently being drawn up by DW. Architects who specialise in building care homes throughout the country. The charity is planning to provide a purpose built respite centre that will provide first class care for people with learning disabilities.
Rescu want to create a safe happy environment for people to come and stay for short periods of time. It will be a residential centre that will not only provide short term respite care but also provide help and guidance for people to work towards independent living.
You may also want to watch:
The project will cost in the region of �1 million and Rescu is all set to up the fund raising actives to reach that goal. With a new image of maypole ribbons, the charity’s fundraising will continue under the name of Maypole House.
Rescu have recently set up a pledge fund of �5000 and need to raise a further �5000 in online donations before the end of November; if they achieve this they will be able to enter the Big Give Challenge Fund and gain the chance to double the amount raised.
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
If you would like to help donations can be made through thebiggive.org.uk/pledge/rescu