Essex charity appeals for help to win National Lottery Awards
A SAFFRON Walden-based sight loss charity has won through to the semi-finals of the National Lottery Awards – and is calling on local folk to help them win.
Support 4 Sight provides support to over 3,000 sight-impaired people every year, thanks to the funding it has received from National Lottery grants.
The funding enabled the charity to open an equipment centre in George Street, Saffron Walden, nearly four years ago and since then it has helped people across Essex.
Now the charity is one of only 10 projects to make it through in the Best Voluntary/Charity Project. The awards recognise the difference that Lottery-funded projects – both big and small – make to local communities.
Delighted Support 4 Sight director Madeleine Cassidy said: “We are absolutely thrilled to have reached the semi-finals [of the awards].
You may also want to watch:
“Lottery money is enabling us to help so many people devastated by sight loss.
“It’s easy to vote, so we’re hoping people support us, as it would be a fantastic reward for those involved in the project to receive national recognition for their hard work.”
- 1 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 4 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 5 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 6 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 7 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 8 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 9 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
The winning project in each category will receive national recognition on a star-studded BBC One television show in November and, in addition to the Lottery funding they have already received, will get a �2,000 cash prize to spend on their project.
Voting for the finals starts at 9am on Tuesday May 31 and ends midday on Monday June. 20 To register your vote for Support 4 Sight call 0844 836 9737 or log on to lotterygoodcauses.org.uk/awards
For more information on Support 4 Sight call 01799 523700.