Essex charity appeals for help to win National Lottery Awards
A SAFFRON Walden-based sight loss charity has won through to the semi-finals of the National Lottery Awards – and is calling on local folk to help them win.
Support 4 Sight provides support to over 3,000 sight-impaired people every year, thanks to the funding it has received from National Lottery grants.
The funding enabled the charity to open an equipment centre in George Street, Saffron Walden, nearly four years ago and since then it has helped people across Essex.
Now the charity is one of only 10 projects to make it through in the Best Voluntary/Charity Project. The awards recognise the difference that Lottery-funded projects – both big and small – make to local communities.
Delighted Support 4 Sight director Madeleine Cassidy said: “We are absolutely thrilled to have reached the semi-finals [of the awards].
You may also want to watch:
“Lottery money is enabling us to help so many people devastated by sight loss.
“It’s easy to vote, so we’re hoping people support us, as it would be a fantastic reward for those involved in the project to receive national recognition for their hard work.”
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Reader survey: Will we ever shake hands again?
- 8 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
The winning project in each category will receive national recognition on a star-studded BBC One television show in November and, in addition to the Lottery funding they have already received, will get a �2,000 cash prize to spend on their project.
Voting for the finals starts at 9am on Tuesday May 31 and ends midday on Monday June. 20 To register your vote for Support 4 Sight call 0844 836 9737 or log on to lotterygoodcauses.org.uk/awards
For more information on Support 4 Sight call 01799 523700.