Essex church forges stronger links with the community
A CHURCH which is situated on the outskirts of a village is building stronger links with its community thanks to a �15,000 grant. All Saints Church in Wimbish lies in the middle of a field about one-and-a-half miles outside the village and struggles to h
A CHURCH which is situated on the outskirts of a village is building stronger links with its community thanks to a �15,000 grant.
All Saints' Church in Wimbish lies in the middle of a field about one-and-a-half miles outside the village and struggles to have a significant presence in the community.
But now a grant from the Diocese of Chelmsford is helping the cut-off church to refurbish its Mission Room in the heart Wimbish.
Revd Hilary Davey said: "We are hugely grateful for this wonderful grant from the Diocese of Chelmsford which will enable us to complete the refurbishment and equip the building.
You may also want to watch:
"Thanks to this grant we will be able to bring to fruition our plans to be a church presence in the heart of the community.
"This has been a real community project. A very generous grant from locally based Viridor Credits Environmental Company plus smaller grants from Uttlesford's Community Project Grant Scheme, the Stansted Airport Community Trust and Allchurches Trust, together with private donations helped us with the first phase of the building work and improvements."
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 4 Stations benefit from funding
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 7 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 8 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 9 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 10 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
The new facility will offer opportunities for church activities in the village, such as caf� church, a mums and tots service, and a film club and adult education classes. The mission room will also be available for use by small groups in the community.