Essex church forges stronger links with the community
A CHURCH which is situated on the outskirts of a village is building stronger links with its community thanks to a �15,000 grant. All Saints Church in Wimbish lies in the middle of a field about one-and-a-half miles outside the village and struggles to h
A CHURCH which is situated on the outskirts of a village is building stronger links with its community thanks to a �15,000 grant.
All Saints' Church in Wimbish lies in the middle of a field about one-and-a-half miles outside the village and struggles to have a significant presence in the community.
But now a grant from the Diocese of Chelmsford is helping the cut-off church to refurbish its Mission Room in the heart Wimbish.
Revd Hilary Davey said: "We are hugely grateful for this wonderful grant from the Diocese of Chelmsford which will enable us to complete the refurbishment and equip the building.
"Thanks to this grant we will be able to bring to fruition our plans to be a church presence in the heart of the community.
"This has been a real community project. A very generous grant from locally based Viridor Credits Environmental Company plus smaller grants from Uttlesford's Community Project Grant Scheme, the Stansted Airport Community Trust and Allchurches Trust, together with private donations helped us with the first phase of the building work and improvements."
- 1 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 2 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 3 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 4 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 5 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 6 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 7 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 8 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 9 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 10 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
The new facility will offer opportunities for church activities in the village, such as caf� church, a mums and tots service, and a film club and adult education classes. The mission room will also be available for use by small groups in the community.