Essex church forges stronger links with the community
A CHURCH which is situated on the outskirts of a village is building stronger links with its community thanks to a �15,000 grant. All Saints Church in Wimbish lies in the middle of a field about one-and-a-half miles outside the village and struggles to h
A CHURCH which is situated on the outskirts of a village is building stronger links with its community thanks to a �15,000 grant.
All Saints' Church in Wimbish lies in the middle of a field about one-and-a-half miles outside the village and struggles to have a significant presence in the community.
But now a grant from the Diocese of Chelmsford is helping the cut-off church to refurbish its Mission Room in the heart Wimbish.
Revd Hilary Davey said: "We are hugely grateful for this wonderful grant from the Diocese of Chelmsford which will enable us to complete the refurbishment and equip the building.
"Thanks to this grant we will be able to bring to fruition our plans to be a church presence in the heart of the community.
"This has been a real community project. A very generous grant from locally based Viridor Credits Environmental Company plus smaller grants from Uttlesford's Community Project Grant Scheme, the Stansted Airport Community Trust and Allchurches Trust, together with private donations helped us with the first phase of the building work and improvements."
- 1 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 2 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 5 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 6 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 7 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 8 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 9 Saffron Walden youngsters show grit in defeat to Wymondham
- 10 easyJet: 'We don't have plans for more routes from Stansted'
The new facility will offer opportunities for church activities in the village, such as caf� church, a mums and tots service, and a film club and adult education classes. The mission room will also be available for use by small groups in the community.