Essex church forges stronger links with the community
A CHURCH which is situated on the outskirts of a village is building stronger links with its community thanks to a �15,000 grant. All Saints Church in Wimbish lies in the middle of a field about one-and-a-half miles outside the village and struggles to h
A CHURCH which is situated on the outskirts of a village is building stronger links with its community thanks to a �15,000 grant.
All Saints' Church in Wimbish lies in the middle of a field about one-and-a-half miles outside the village and struggles to have a significant presence in the community.
But now a grant from the Diocese of Chelmsford is helping the cut-off church to refurbish its Mission Room in the heart Wimbish.
Revd Hilary Davey said: "We are hugely grateful for this wonderful grant from the Diocese of Chelmsford which will enable us to complete the refurbishment and equip the building.
You may also want to watch:
"Thanks to this grant we will be able to bring to fruition our plans to be a church presence in the heart of the community.
"This has been a real community project. A very generous grant from locally based Viridor Credits Environmental Company plus smaller grants from Uttlesford's Community Project Grant Scheme, the Stansted Airport Community Trust and Allchurches Trust, together with private donations helped us with the first phase of the building work and improvements."
- 1 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months
- 2 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 3 Walden spruced up ahead of lockdown easing
- 4 Consultation launched ahead of Golden Acre Play Area upgrade
- 5 Residents and business owners celebrate April 12 reopenings
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 8 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting
- 9 Homes plan could join Saffron Walden and Sewards End
- 10 Several trees cut down without permission from Saffron Walden garden
The new facility will offer opportunities for church activities in the village, such as caf� church, a mums and tots service, and a film club and adult education classes. The mission room will also be available for use by small groups in the community.