Essex church launches its celebratory ale
FANS of ale will be in for a real treat as St Mary s church in Elsenham has released a celebratory brew for its 900th birthday. The ale is part of a series of events being put on by the church over the next year in a bid to raise awareness about the churc
FANS of ale will be in for a real treat as St Mary's church in Elsenham has released a celebratory brew for its 900th birthday.
The ale is part of a series of events being put on by the church over the next year in a bid to raise awareness about the church and its activities.
Assistant minister at St Mary's, Dub Gannon, said: "We were chatting about different ways to celebrate the churches birthday and also to increase awareness of us. Our aim is to reach people in different communities.
"I can't remember who it was who suggested the idea, but we all agreed it would be good.
You may also want to watch:
"We approached the Saffron Brewery, a micro brewery in Henham and asked them if they would like to get involved. They were very excited about the idea, and came back with the ale.
"In the first batch there were about 15 cases produced and there is currently a second batch being brewed."
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 4 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 7 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 8 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 9 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
The amber ale has been brewed with a mix of barleys, malts and wheat together with Challenger, Fuggles, and Goldings hops.
It is available from a number of shops and pubs in the surrounding area, with a gift pack of four bottles available for �10 and individual bottles priced by the retailer.
The 900 ale was launched on Friday April 2 at The Cock in Henham and the Elsenham Bowls Club in Elsenham.
This is one of many events going on across the year - for more information visit heuchurch.co.uk