Essex church’s growing leaders course is a success
A COURSE offered to Saffron Walden church members to get involved with church life has enjoyed its latest success.
The Saffron Walden and villages team ministry runs the Growing Leaders course throughout the year for members who might want to take on more responsibility.
Part of the course included the annual stay-over at St Mark’s College Youth and Conference Centre last month.
Rector at St Mary’s Parish Church Saffron Walden, Rev David Tomlinson, leads the course with team members Chris Warren and Jenny Tomlinson.
He said: “The course is designed to help each participant discover what God is asking them to do.
You may also want to watch:
“Alongside the teaching, learning from others in the group is a key dimension: therefore, sharing a Friday evening and most of Saturday, one weekend in January, is an essential and rewarding feature of our time together.”
He added: “Everyone who has done the course has found it enjoyable and helpful.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 3 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 4 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
It’s been great to have all the churches of our team playing a part.”