Essex church’s growing leaders course is a success
A COURSE offered to Saffron Walden church members to get involved with church life has enjoyed its latest success.
The Saffron Walden and villages team ministry runs the Growing Leaders course throughout the year for members who might want to take on more responsibility.
Part of the course included the annual stay-over at St Mark’s College Youth and Conference Centre last month.
Rector at St Mary’s Parish Church Saffron Walden, Rev David Tomlinson, leads the course with team members Chris Warren and Jenny Tomlinson.
He said: “The course is designed to help each participant discover what God is asking them to do.
You may also want to watch:
“Alongside the teaching, learning from others in the group is a key dimension: therefore, sharing a Friday evening and most of Saturday, one weekend in January, is an essential and rewarding feature of our time together.”
He added: “Everyone who has done the course has found it enjoyable and helpful.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 7 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 8 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 9 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
It’s been great to have all the churches of our team playing a part.”