Essex church’s growing leaders course is a success
A COURSE offered to Saffron Walden church members to get involved with church life has enjoyed its latest success.
The Saffron Walden and villages team ministry runs the Growing Leaders course throughout the year for members who might want to take on more responsibility.
Part of the course included the annual stay-over at St Mark’s College Youth and Conference Centre last month.
Rector at St Mary’s Parish Church Saffron Walden, Rev David Tomlinson, leads the course with team members Chris Warren and Jenny Tomlinson.
He said: “The course is designed to help each participant discover what God is asking them to do.
“Alongside the teaching, learning from others in the group is a key dimension: therefore, sharing a Friday evening and most of Saturday, one weekend in January, is an essential and rewarding feature of our time together.”
He added: “Everyone who has done the course has found it enjoyable and helpful.
- 1 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 2 e-comics and creative writing help from Essex libraries
- 3 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 5 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 6 Red, white and blue: Royal theme for Saffron Walden windows
- 7 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
- 8 Saffron Walden girls enjoy first festival outing
- 9 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 10 'Cat bite could have killed me': Many operations for rescuer
It’s been great to have all the churches of our team playing a part.”