Essex church’s growing leaders course is a success
A COURSE offered to Saffron Walden church members to get involved with church life has enjoyed its latest success.
The Saffron Walden and villages team ministry runs the Growing Leaders course throughout the year for members who might want to take on more responsibility.
Part of the course included the annual stay-over at St Mark’s College Youth and Conference Centre last month.
Rector at St Mary’s Parish Church Saffron Walden, Rev David Tomlinson, leads the course with team members Chris Warren and Jenny Tomlinson.
He said: “The course is designed to help each participant discover what God is asking them to do.
You may also want to watch:
“Alongside the teaching, learning from others in the group is a key dimension: therefore, sharing a Friday evening and most of Saturday, one weekend in January, is an essential and rewarding feature of our time together.”
He added: “Everyone who has done the course has found it enjoyable and helpful.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
It’s been great to have all the churches of our team playing a part.”