ESSEX: Clavering 10k Fun Run success
CLAVERING S first ever 10km Fun Run proved a runaway success as over 200 people took part.
CLAVERING'S first ever 10km Fun Run proved a runaway success as over 200 people took part.
Months of preparation went into the organisation of the village's debut fun run and the efforts of the organisers, Clavering Running Club, paid off as the event passed off seamlessly.
There was something for everyone as entrants competed over the 1km, 5km and 10km courses starting and finishing at Clavering Village Hall.
The 10k was won by Ben Baldelli with Fiona Halls the first woman home. The 5k was won by Seth Kennard, with Dee Collett first woman.
Money was also raised for St Mary's and St Clements Church.
A spokesman said: "Clavering Running Club and Clavering Church would like to thank all who helped out on the day - the sponsors, the marshals on the route and in the car parks, the ladies who provided the refreshments and the organisers and helpers for the kids 1km run on Jubilee Field.
- 1 Uttlesford Local Plan delay 'necessary' say councillors
- 2 Debden man fundraising for Mind with 480km walk
- 3 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 4 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 5 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 6 Harmer haul helps Essex Eagles tame Sussex Sharks in VItality Blast
- 7 Essex Eagles hit Glamorgan hard in Vitality Blast best
- 8 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 9 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 10 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
"It really was a Clavering team effort and we hope to build on this success next year.