ESSEX: Clavering 10k Fun Run success
CLAVERING S first ever 10km Fun Run proved a runaway success as over 200 people took part.
CLAVERING'S first ever 10km Fun Run proved a runaway success as over 200 people took part.
Months of preparation went into the organisation of the village's debut fun run and the efforts of the organisers, Clavering Running Club, paid off as the event passed off seamlessly.
There was something for everyone as entrants competed over the 1km, 5km and 10km courses starting and finishing at Clavering Village Hall.
The 10k was won by Ben Baldelli with Fiona Halls the first woman home. The 5k was won by Seth Kennard, with Dee Collett first woman.
You may also want to watch:
Money was also raised for St Mary's and St Clements Church.
A spokesman said: "Clavering Running Club and Clavering Church would like to thank all who helped out on the day - the sponsors, the marshals on the route and in the car parks, the ladies who provided the refreshments and the organisers and helpers for the kids 1km run on Jubilee Field.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 7 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Town council backs new support club
- 10 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
"It really was a Clavering team effort and we hope to build on this success next year.