ESSEX: Clavering 10k Fun Run success
CLAVERING S first ever 10km Fun Run proved a runaway success as over 200 people took part.
CLAVERING'S first ever 10km Fun Run proved a runaway success as over 200 people took part.
Months of preparation went into the organisation of the village's debut fun run and the efforts of the organisers, Clavering Running Club, paid off as the event passed off seamlessly.
There was something for everyone as entrants competed over the 1km, 5km and 10km courses starting and finishing at Clavering Village Hall.
The 10k was won by Ben Baldelli with Fiona Halls the first woman home. The 5k was won by Seth Kennard, with Dee Collett first woman.
You may also want to watch:
Money was also raised for St Mary's and St Clements Church.
A spokesman said: "Clavering Running Club and Clavering Church would like to thank all who helped out on the day - the sponsors, the marshals on the route and in the car parks, the ladies who provided the refreshments and the organisers and helpers for the kids 1km run on Jubilee Field.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
"It really was a Clavering team effort and we hope to build on this success next year.