ESSEX: Clavering 10k Fun Run success
CLAVERING S first ever 10km Fun Run proved a runaway success as over 200 people took part.
CLAVERING'S first ever 10km Fun Run proved a runaway success as over 200 people took part.
Months of preparation went into the organisation of the village's debut fun run and the efforts of the organisers, Clavering Running Club, paid off as the event passed off seamlessly.
There was something for everyone as entrants competed over the 1km, 5km and 10km courses starting and finishing at Clavering Village Hall.
The 10k was won by Ben Baldelli with Fiona Halls the first woman home. The 5k was won by Seth Kennard, with Dee Collett first woman.
Money was also raised for St Mary's and St Clements Church.
A spokesman said: "Clavering Running Club and Clavering Church would like to thank all who helped out on the day - the sponsors, the marshals on the route and in the car parks, the ladies who provided the refreshments and the organisers and helpers for the kids 1km run on Jubilee Field.
- 1 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 2 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 3 Road building not the answer to Essex's transport woes, says campaigner
- 4 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 5 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 6 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 7 Saffron Striders enjoy home leg of inter-club cross-country championship
- 8 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 9 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 10 Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Meet the Small Visitor Attraction of the Year Award finalists
"It really was a Clavering team effort and we hope to build on this success next year.