ESSEX: Clavering 10k Fun Run success
CLAVERING S first ever 10km Fun Run proved a runaway success as over 200 people took part.
CLAVERING'S first ever 10km Fun Run proved a runaway success as over 200 people took part.
Months of preparation went into the organisation of the village's debut fun run and the efforts of the organisers, Clavering Running Club, paid off as the event passed off seamlessly.
There was something for everyone as entrants competed over the 1km, 5km and 10km courses starting and finishing at Clavering Village Hall.
The 10k was won by Ben Baldelli with Fiona Halls the first woman home. The 5k was won by Seth Kennard, with Dee Collett first woman.
You may also want to watch:
Money was also raised for St Mary's and St Clements Church.
A spokesman said: "Clavering Running Club and Clavering Church would like to thank all who helped out on the day - the sponsors, the marshals on the route and in the car parks, the ladies who provided the refreshments and the organisers and helpers for the kids 1km run on Jubilee Field.
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 3 'Children need a place to play' say residents in council homes debate
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 6 Tools collection is a huge success
- 7 Thousands waiting for hospital treatment in Essex
- 8 'We're not trying to target young people': e-scooter awareness drive
- 9 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 10 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
"It really was a Clavering team effort and we hope to build on this success next year.