Essex comic helps RSPCA give neglected cats a chance
THE RSPCA is looking for homes in Essex for hundreds of cats that are in the charity’s care because they have been neglected or are unwanted by previous owners.
The charity has more cats than ever before and is today launching a campaign to find them fantastic new homes, with the help of cat loving comedian Essex comedian Russell Kane.
Russell, who lives in Westcliff on Sea with his two cats, said: “Please support the RSPCA in Essex and adopt a cat from them. My cats Keith and Wayne are fantastic and the RSPCA has so many great cats that are looking for new homes.”
The charity is looking to re-home the bumper number of cats over the next few weeks after a massive increase in the number of unwanted cats arriving with the RSPCA.
Sally Bruce, south east regional manager said: “Sadly, anyone can just go out and buy a cat and this tends to just add to the problem by encouraging people to breed for profit.
You may also want to watch:
“By adopting a rescued cat from the RSPCA, people are doing something good and positive to help with the problem of the huge number of unwanted cats – as well as getting themselves a loving companion.”
RSPCA adopted cats are vaccinated, microchipped and neutered – all included in the adoption fee, and an initial pet insurance is included as well.
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 7 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 8 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
All you need to do to make the first step to adopt an RSPCA cat is to call the special adoption hotline on 03001238484.