Essex comic helps RSPCA give neglected cats a chance
THE RSPCA is looking for homes in Essex for hundreds of cats that are in the charity’s care because they have been neglected or are unwanted by previous owners.
The charity has more cats than ever before and is today launching a campaign to find them fantastic new homes, with the help of cat loving comedian Essex comedian Russell Kane.
Russell, who lives in Westcliff on Sea with his two cats, said: “Please support the RSPCA in Essex and adopt a cat from them. My cats Keith and Wayne are fantastic and the RSPCA has so many great cats that are looking for new homes.”
The charity is looking to re-home the bumper number of cats over the next few weeks after a massive increase in the number of unwanted cats arriving with the RSPCA.
Sally Bruce, south east regional manager said: “Sadly, anyone can just go out and buy a cat and this tends to just add to the problem by encouraging people to breed for profit.
“By adopting a rescued cat from the RSPCA, people are doing something good and positive to help with the problem of the huge number of unwanted cats – as well as getting themselves a loving companion.”
RSPCA adopted cats are vaccinated, microchipped and neutered – all included in the adoption fee, and an initial pet insurance is included as well.
- 1 Toaster joy: Radwinter Repair Cafe to the rescue
- 2 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 4 inspirational women are celebrated in Newport
- 5 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 6 Hands-on archaeology, beacons and picnics: Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 8 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
- 10 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
All you need to do to make the first step to adopt an RSPCA cat is to call the special adoption hotline on 03001238484.