Essex comic helps RSPCA give neglected cats a chance
THE RSPCA is looking for homes in Essex for hundreds of cats that are in the charity’s care because they have been neglected or are unwanted by previous owners.
The charity has more cats than ever before and is today launching a campaign to find them fantastic new homes, with the help of cat loving comedian Essex comedian Russell Kane.
Russell, who lives in Westcliff on Sea with his two cats, said: “Please support the RSPCA in Essex and adopt a cat from them. My cats Keith and Wayne are fantastic and the RSPCA has so many great cats that are looking for new homes.”
The charity is looking to re-home the bumper number of cats over the next few weeks after a massive increase in the number of unwanted cats arriving with the RSPCA.
Sally Bruce, south east regional manager said: “Sadly, anyone can just go out and buy a cat and this tends to just add to the problem by encouraging people to breed for profit.
You may also want to watch:
“By adopting a rescued cat from the RSPCA, people are doing something good and positive to help with the problem of the huge number of unwanted cats – as well as getting themselves a loving companion.”
RSPCA adopted cats are vaccinated, microchipped and neutered – all included in the adoption fee, and an initial pet insurance is included as well.
- 1 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 2 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 3 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 4 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 5 District council urged to cancel investment
- 6 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 7 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 8 Council leader 'will not seek re-election'
- 9 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 10 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
All you need to do to make the first step to adopt an RSPCA cat is to call the special adoption hotline on 03001238484.