Essex congratulate GCSE students
ESSEX County Council is congratulating the thousands of pupils across the county who are collecting their GCSE results today.
County councillor Stephen Castle, cabinet member for Education said, “I would like to congratulate everyone that is collecting results today. I hope the months of hard work have paid off and pupils are proud of their achievements.
“I will also like to add my thanks to all the teachers in the county’s schools, as well as the parents and carers of any pupil that took exams this year. They also deserve our praise at this time for the invaluable support they have provided.
“These results represent a gateway to numerous opportunities, be it in further education, vocational training or full time employment. I wish all of our students the very best of luck for the future in their chosen path.”
Further advice can also be found by calling the National Careers Service Helpline on 0800 100 900 or texting 07766 413 219, lines are open 8am–10pm or going online through http://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk
You may also want to watch:
Individual schools can offer support to pupils on results day and local further educational colleges can provide details of courses and opportunities available.
Pupils may also want to consider an Essex Apprenticeship. An apprenticeship will enable you to develop technical skills whilst you study as well as giving you the opportunity to put your new found know-how into practice in the work place. And you’ll get paid while you do it.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 10 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
There are lots of opportunities available across the county in fields such as engineering, engineering construction and the energy sector.
To find out more about any of our apprenticeships visit essex.gov.uk/essexapprentice or contact 01245 438815 or e-mail email@example.com