Essex Country Parks set to host new BBC 2 Stargazing LIVE event
ESSEX Country Parks are set to inspire a whole host of Essex astronomers and stargazers this New Year as the BBC Stargazing LIVE event.
Organised by the North Essex Astronomical Society and headed up by Professor Brian Cox, the event comes to Great Notley Country Park and the Cressing Temple Barns.
On Monday January 3, Tuesday 4 and Wednesday 5, stargazers of all ages and experience are invited to Great Notley, where they will have the chance to see Jupiter, as well as far-off nebulae and a distant galaxy as Essex County Council hosts BBC Stargazing LIVE.
There will be a follow-on event taking place at the Cressing Temple Barns on Saturday January 8, where there will also be the chance to safely view the Sun through a telescope.
Entry is free of charge and visitors will have the chance to view the universe through one of many telescopes, and even have a go at taking an astro-image through a telescope with their own cameras.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors to the events will be sharing the experience with tens of thousands of fellow stargazers as part of the nationwide extravaganza that is tied into the new BBC Two show Stargazing LIVE.
The live shows will be hosted by Professor Cox, who will be joined by comedian Dara O’Briain, as the pair look to the skies as they bring the wonders of the stars into our living rooms.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 6 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 7 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
For more information visit visitparks.co.uk