Essex County Council offers its congratulations to GCSE students
ESSEX County Council is congratulating the thousands of pupils across the county who are collecting their GCSE results today.
County councillor Stephen Castle, cabinet member for education, said: “I would like to congratulate everyone that is collecting results today. I know many people have been waiting nervously and I hope the months of hard work have paid of and pupils are proud of their achievements.
“I would also like to add my thanks to all the teachers in the county’s schools, as well as the parents and carers of any pupil that took exams this year, for the invaluable support they have provided.
“These results represent a gateway to numerous opportunities, be it in further education, vocational training or full time employment. I wish all of our students the very best of luck for the future.”
Further advice can be found by calling the Careers Helpline on 0808 001 3219 or texting 07766 413 219. Individual schools can offer support to pupils on results day and local further educational colleges can provide details of courses and opportunities available.
Pupils may also want to consider an Essex Apprenticeship. An apprenticeship will enable you to develop technical skills whilst you study as well as giving you the opportunity to put your new found know-how into practice in the work place. And you’ll get paid while you do it.
There are lots of opportunities available across the county in fields such as engineering, engineering construction and the energy sector.
- 1 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 4 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 5 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 6 Students bring cheer to senior citizens through Christmas Buddy Scheme
- 7 Person has died on railway tracks near Newport, say police
- 8 IWM Duxford exhibition to display largest collection of Spitfires under one roof
- 9 Advent begins in Saffron Walden on Sunday
- 10 Uttlesford climate change plan goes back to the drawing board
To find out more about any of ECC’s apprenticeships visit essex.gov.uk/essexapprentice or contact 01245 438815 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org